Statistical Anomalies

Ten or so years ago... Had a car tailgate me through lake lure.. and I could see behind them was a police car - at that time they were unmistakable.. So I slowed down to 25 in a 35 in the curves instead of rolling at the speed limit like I almost always do (black snake roads)... Then pulled over at the first turn out.. I waited for the car and officer to pass. Naturally, the person behind me got on the throttle hard and proceeded to hurry on down the road.. I took back off 30 or so seconds later, and went through the next two curves, and behold... they were both on the side of the road, blue lights blazing. I waved, but it was dark so I don't think they saw me wave.

Many years ago going to North Wilkesboro with my Dad ..... it was dark and he missed 421 at the 40/421 split in Winston Salem.
He just went to Clemmons and cut through to Lewisville ..... put us 10 min. behind.
When we got to the 2 lane section of 421 there was a terrible accident with people dead ..... happened about 10 minutes before we got there .....

Yep. Wateree, but on the I20 bridge.
I keep forgetting you're near my neck of the woods now.
We may have to meet for lunch at Leo's sometime this weekend.
I'll be visiting Mom in Camden anyways.
I wouldn't mind running into @ghost either if he isn't at URE.

Bam. Now that's an anomaly.

I had a young girl in a hellfire hurry pass me in a curve, on a bridge, and almost ran in to oncoming traffic. The second in line coming towards me was an NC State Trooper....score! First time I've ever gotten to witness instant karma in the form of a trooper pulling someone over. They were on the side of the road before I ever got within sight of them.

I've been in a great mood all afternoon because of that!

I had a woman pass me on the shoulder going into downtown columbia on a 4 lane. When she came back from the shoulder into the right lane, she was right beside an unmarked in the left lane. He moved over in front of me and lit her up.

A week or so later, same car ran a red and t-boned another car on the same road.

Last I saw Leo's was closed to all but takeout. I'd love to meet Wes and you somewhere and anyone else in the area. I'll be working in the yard today clearing with the jeep and burning. Side note lots of cops in Camden today it's the Cup..... I saw the same cop pull 2 cars in like 30 min yesterday.....

Last I saw Leo's was closed to all but takeout. I'd love to meet Wes and you somewhere and anyone else in the area. I'll be working in the yard today clearing with the jeep and burning. Side note lots of cops in Camden today it's the Cup..... I saw the same cop pull 2 cars in like 30 min yesterday.....
Good call on the cup and cops. I forgot about it. You can eat inside Leo’s. My wife and I eat there on the regular. I’d be down for some lunch with you and @XJsavage one day. We’ll work it out. I live just down 34.

Yeah I'll pass on the whole getting pulled over thing.... If it happened, that would be the first time ever in a Jeep but this one does stick out a little bit. :smokin::lol:

Maybe not so much statiscal anomalies...but quite frequently I think about how 5-15 seconds could change an outcome...leave 15 seconds earlier or later, maybe that accident/ticket wouldn’t have happened. At work, make a call 2 hours too late on an item where there’s a shortage, you don’t get it. Limited release bourbon at the ABC store, show up 15 minutes late you don’t get it. See a good deal on a house or car and call on it at lunch the next day, you might be too late. Then my mind wanders with the plot of the final destination movies.
Had a car salesman tel me one that the cat you're looking at today was looked at by someone else yesterday. He was trying to get me to commit, as opposed to leaving and mulling it over. I did not buy his car that day but don't know that anyone else did either.

Had a car salesman tel me one that the cat you're looking at today was looked at by someone else yesterday. He was trying to get me to commit, as opposed to leaving and mulling it over. I did not buy his car that day but don't know that anyone else did either.

I tend to be of the school of thought, if there’s one, there will be another. But I can say the last two times the wife and I were hunting for personal residences, it was lethal out there, look at the house at 5pm, make an offer on it at noon the following day and it’s already under contract. On the car front, more what I was thinking about was like the 67 Galaxie I saw posted at lunch, looked at it after work, said I’d be back the following lunch with money...and it was gone the following lunch. But I guess that’s more a lesson in when you see what you want, pull the trigger then.

Yesterday on Beech Mountain I saw a group of 8 or so deer, which is not uncommon, but when I saw this particular bunch, three of them were dropping turds simultaneously.
See, that's what I'm talking about!

It never fails I can have something for sale for a year or more with not a single inquiry, but once I get someone on the way or have sold it I will get someone else that is die-hard interested in it. It has happened at least 4 times.

It never fails I can have something for sale for a year or more with not a single inquiry, but once I get someone on the way or have sold it I will get someone else that is die-hard interested in it. It has happened at least 4 times.

That's not just you, happens every time to me also.

While wheeling Uwharri last weekend i got in a line with 3 other 2dr Cherokees. All of us commented that we had never seen this many at once!
Come to the NAXJA Crawl..... We usually see 3 2d and 2 - 3 MJ's.....

Similarly I can keep something for years, then throw it away exactly a week before I need it. But this is more of a statistical probability than an anomaly.

Same here.. I'll list some stuff for sale, wait a few weeks.. get tired of tripping on it and haul it off.. no sooner than it's disposed of, someone wants to buy it. Story of my life.

Back