Steering for SAS Taco?

NCYota4x4

What do you have to do for the steering when you do SAS on a Taco? I'm looking at the kit from Bentup.com and they offer a new steering shaft, but I'm not sure of how to go about doing this sense tacos have rack and pinion steering.

Thanks
Randall

Like Lee says, use the first generation IFS steering box. Ya don't have to buy their kit(s), but www.allproofroad.com has a good catalog of pieces, and if nothing else, purusing the web catalog is a good education if your looking for info.

Well I've helped do an '87 Yota, I just wasn't sure about what to do on my my Taco sense it is rack and pinion. Thanks for the advice.

Later
Randall

Not only do you use the IFS box you can use the IFS steering shaft. You will need to change the u-joint on the steering wheel end out for the joint end on the tacoma wheel side since that one is smaller. The steering u-joints are the same size throughout. Parts of the steering shaft and rack will interchange from the tacoma to the IFS stuff if you need a spare part or 2. WHat I did was take the IFS shaft and knock the dowl pins out, move up one hole and reinsert. I had to drill one new hole for the 2nd pin. You have have to move more depending on if and how much body lift you have.

Back