stolen '93 wrangler

slowpoke

my '93 wrangler was stolen out of the parking lot of a 4wd shop near the airport in raleigh on tuesday 4/25. the shop owner didn't "bother" to call & let me know b/c some guy standing by the post on the street told him that some dude said he was the owner, got in, messed around for a while, and drove off in it. i found out thursday 4/27 afternoon when i went by the shop to check on the progress. at that time, the cops were called, etc.
two things really bother me: the first is that i had spent so much time and done so much work on this thing myself (installed lift kit, new tires, refurbished entire interior & electrical, brake lines, etc) and that the shop owner didn't even offer an apology. i ask you fellow jeepers to keep an eye out for my ride and keep an eye on yours. last time i saw it, it was still dark green with a tan hard top, 4in lift, 33s, black wheels, black interior, tan hard top, a crack on the windshield, and a dent on the front of the passenger side fender. the spare was off and i'd removed the radio, license plate & holder, and roll bar to windshield support arms. pic to follow. thanks for any help and hope all of you keep enjoying your rides.

Attachments

• Jeep 003.jpg
    Jeep 003.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 694
Just a not to self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That place out there o man i cant say anything on here but DON"T EVER leave your vehicle OUTSIDE or in a non FENCED and SECURE parking lot.

I would think you'd have some legal recourse against the shop owner. I'm pretty sure the law requires them to take reasonable care to protect your property. If it was sitting there with the key in it, then there would be an issue. Do they routinely leave keys in the vehicles while in their hands?

Mike

puttin' my money where my sorrow is...

alright, so, every day i see some fixed up jeep/ truck/ suv and it ticks me off. actually, it kinda depresses me b/c it reminds me of just how much work i put into mine. everything from installing the lift to hand-sanding/ priming/ painting any surface rust on the frame, interior and under-carriage to the rhino-lining to fixing the interior courtesy lights and electrical to... well you get the point. it makes me wonder if it's worth it to put that much effort into something material that some self-serving low-life can take away.
i guess it could be worse, i just heard about some lady whose ex-husband jacked her kids and skipped off to ghana with them.
anyway, i don't have a ton of money, but i'm offering a reward (yes, cash $$$) for any information that leads to the retrieval of my jeep.
again, i thank all of you for keeping an eye out and hope you continue to enjoy your rides.

which shop was your jeep at cus there are two 4 wheel shops by the airport

Back