STOLEN RED XJ CATAWBA CO

GotWood

Sayer of Fact
I had a red 97 Jeep XJ stolen last night. Bright red with roof rack. New rough country lift kit and tires were in the back not installed yet. Will post pics ASAP. Will have Maiden fire dept gear in the vehicle, lights, traffic vests.

Well this sucks. Will keep an eye out in classifieds, craigs, and book of faces. Got any other unique features?

dang man that sucks. Was it stolen from your house?

Sorry to hear that

Damn.. hope you get everythig back and the sombitch gets their skin peeled back with a knife dipped in shit.. hate fawking thief..

20160124_161643.jpg
2016030495184829.jpg

Stock Jeep. Brand new in box lift kit and some 32x12.5x15 used tires on 10" wide aluminum bullet hole wheels. Dog cage rack between back seat and cargo area, roof rack. Current tires/wheels are stock steel painted black. There were FD light bar in dash, VHF radio and various safety vest and etc.

wow man, really sorry to hear this. I'll keep my eye out around this side of the mountain.

Recovered body 3 miles from my house. When the call went out I knew what I was about to roll up on. Lift and tires are still out there so keep an eye out.
IMG_20160306_233334187.jpg

gotta b shitting me! sorry to see this. that is unbelieveable. Thieves are just getting worst and all you hear is Gun control.
the Rubicon stolen off our lot was recovered. stripped of course. with all they left. im sure the criminals were coming back. i wish the law enforcement wouldve left it and waited for them to come back for more parts. as i stopped by the other shop last week where they stole a brand new set of wheels and tires and a hardtop a couple yrs ago. i found lugs where they was trying to steal another set of wheels and mustve been spooked. I cant stand a dam thief

Recovered body 3 miles from my house. When the call went out I knew what I was about to roll up on. Lift and tires are still out there so keep an eye out.
View attachment 212013
Did they burn the fire gear? I hate damn sorry ass thieves. Sorry to hear.

It was back in the woods pretty far. By the time the call went out and we got to it there was nothing left inside. We found some of the parts laying in the woods

If you ask me they new somebody or reacted to how much the comunity was already pulling together to keep an eye out. Why else would you burn a good vehicle, or sheer ignorance?
Thieves suck. I can't wrap my head around burning it, except to cover evidence.

Its too bad they didn't get trapped in it. I assume your buddy has insurance on the jeep? Probably not on the wheels/tires/lift that were sitting in the back?

Its too bad they didn't get trapped in it. I assume your buddy has insurance on the jeep? Probably not on the wheels/tires/lift that were sitting in the back?
It's an XJ with 280k. Just liability insurance.

We did recover one wheel, a used Timberline A/T by Dayton on 10" wheel. Checking with scrap yards in the area.
14573857431802053713864.jpg

Not sure what type of homeowners or renters insurance your buddy has, but mine covers theft loss off premisis at a reduced percentage and maximum. Better to get something back than nothing.

If you ask me they new somebody or reacted to how much the comunity was already pulling together to keep an eye out. Why else would you burn a good vehicle, or sheer ignorance?
Thieves suck. I can't wrap my head around burning it, except to cover evidence.

The following is 100% speculation.

Dirtbag #1 calls dirtbag #2 and says let's go over to dirtbag #3's house and do dirtbag things. (speculation on # of dirtbag). They go through town looking for open cars with whatever we find. At some point dirtbags come upon sucker #1(me) that has left a set of keys in vehicle. Rather than walk the couple miles they will steal sucker's Jeep and dump it in the woods. After a night of fun and meham they realize that the Jeep is being looked for hard, lots of fireman driving up and down back roads, Facebook and ask the publicity and go back the next night and torch it to destroy any evidence they may have left.

I believe the plan was to destroy it from the beginning. It had been wrecked into a tree and burnt where it sat. I think the dirtbags are locals, probably living close to the drop point. Finding real evidence for a conviction (if caught) would surprise me. I would think short of a confession or catching them in possession of the vehicle there is no way to prove they stole it, just acquired the parts from a"guy"(possibly dirtbag #4)

Back