Stretching Rear of CJ5

drummin'jeeper

I know some of you guys have done it. What is the easiest way to stretch the rear of a CJ5? Can you just relocate the rear shackles further back. If so what leaf springs did you guys use? I'm not looking for something really radical and complicated just something simple that I can use a complete spring pack, only longer.

Thanks

i used XJ springs (+ an add-a-leaf) for the rear of my 7, can't remember how long they are, but they have an offset center pin~roughly 5" i think~

its my understanding that dodge dakota springs also have the offset center pin.

good luck with it

when you say "offset" that means the center pin is that much further back than a stock CJ center pin, Correct?

Grape, would 2wd toy springs work? If so what years?

Thanks guys

I just flipped the rear shackle and moved the front shackle back 5.5 inches. You will have to grind the welds off of the top of the front mount and grind the rivets off. Drill a half inch hole in the rivet and whack with a bfh. Relocate and weld in place.

run the chevy 1/2 ton rear springs and relocate the rear spring hangers. you'll have to extend the frame I'm sure.

The Toy setup works good too.

I have a set of completely rebuilt dakota rear springs. new bushings, sandblasted, and painted. THEY HAVE A 10 INCH PIN OFFSET! P.M. me if you are intrested.

Back