Stroked '99 MJ Project

Turned out awesome. I really like the attention to detail, like the 4.7 emblem on the oilpan.

I drove it on I77 to work this morning downtown Charlotte. Boy did I get some strange looks by the parking garage guards....LOL..

This was the first time I've really had it out on the interstate. I was able to cruise at 70-75mph with no problems at around 25-2600rpms. With the 4.88s and the 4.7L the AW4 stayed in 4th gear with no problems and no hunting for the right gear. Engine temps hovered around 190* and oil pressure at about 50-55lbs at hwy speeds. The 4.7L really purrs nicely after the hwy warm up and I anticipate it will continue to run better and better as it breaks in more. I continue to be impressed by it and I can't wait to get it out in the woods to see how the she does crawling over rocks.

I saw the sticker on the pan....Pretty cool I must say. I would be scared shitless to take that truck in the woods. Super nice work.

I saw the sticker on the pan....Pretty cool I must say. I would be scared shitless to take that truck in the woods. Super nice work.

Hell I would be scared to park next to anyone at the grocery store....wait I take that back - most car doors would swing under this truck anyways..haha

Nice rig man! I like the '99 grill - takes it to the next level. Very cool:Rockon:.

I have had a few ask me about the motor specs so here you go:

Short Block
'99 4.0L Block
Bored .060
Shaved .020 from block deck
Stock 4.0L Rods, (long rod stroker) shot peened and weight matched
ARP Rod bolts
Keith Black Forged IC944 Pistons, 21cc dish
4.2L 258 - 12wt Crankshaft
Comp Cams 68-231-4 Cam
Comp Cams Lifters
Rotating assembly balanced
Final Deck height .0095

Head
DIY Port n Polish
58cc Chambers
3 Angle Valve Job
New Sealed Power single lock valves
Mopar Perf. Springs
Mopar Perf. Locks
Mopar Perf. Retainers
Harland Sharp Roller Rockers
Mopar Perf/Victor Reinz .043 Head Gasket

Bolt On's
24lb Ford Blue Injectors
Pacesetter Long Tube Header
AEM Brute Force Intake
63mm Bored Throttle body
Accell Plugs, 8mm Wires, Cap, Rotor, and Coil
Flowkooler Water Pump
CSF 3 Row Radiator
Hesco Hi-Flow T-stat housing
180* Stant T-stat

SCR 9.65
DCR 8.42
Quench .053
No Pinging running 93 pump gas

Of course all new bearings and seals throughout.

Hesco Hi-Flow T-stat housing
Any chance you could shed some light on what makes this a "high flow" piece? I know for a fact that Hesco starts with the OE piece, drills and taps them for the sensors and then does some sort of work internally.

Any chance you could shed some light on what makes this a "high flow" piece? I know for a fact that Hesco starts with the OE piece, drills and taps them for the sensors and then does some sort of work internally.

You are correct they take a new housing and port and polish it for better/more flow.

Do you have a price and some contact info for the Midland Stroker you got?
Nice build man. I like your tastes.
Knaup
US Coast Guard

I sourced 95% of the parts myself. The guys at Midland did all the machine work and assembled the short block for me. Give Mike at Midland Engine Machine Company - (704) 888-6362. Tell him Lincoln referred you. :driver:

You REALLY need to post a build of that on www.comancheclub.com ! We would love to see it over there. hope to see you there!

I had it posted in the build section for the first 4 or 5 months of the build and got hardly any responses to it so I took it down to save bandwidth. I'll post it up again and see what happens.

Man i LOVE you MJ.. Ill trade ya my Ex wife for it. lol

I've already got one wife and that's enough to handle.....:shaking:

if you havent gotten sliders yet, give Brandon at Rides a call. He had some pretty trick boatsides for an XJ, that Im sure could be modified for an MJ...

I had planned to build a set myself over the next few weeks, but I may give him a call to see what ideas he's got cookin'. I've seen the sliders/boat sides on his ECCORs XJ and they look sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

What machine work/prep work was needed on the head to run these rockers? Did you need to run a valve cover spacer?

No machine work or prep was needed for the set I'm running. They are are non-adjustables. Harland Sharp makes both adjustable and non-adjustable pedestal mount roller rockers for the 4.0L. To run the adjustables a valve cover spacer and t-stat housing spacer are needed.

http://www.harlandsharp.com/amc_jeep_olds.htm

Where is the hole to which to make the sweet love to that thing? Good lord I'm in love.:beer:

So i saw this bad boy sitting abt a block away from the house we are staying at in Carolina Beach this afternoon...ya know I had to stop and smoke it over good. The UPS man even
stopped to chat and check it out while i was there lol

Lincoln you should be set up out there selling tickets to ride

So i saw this bad boy sitting abt a block away from the house we are staying at in Carolina Beach this afternoon...ya know I had to stop and smoke it over good. The UPS man even
stopped to chat and check it out while i was there lol
Lincoln you should be set up out there selling tickets to ride

LOL...I was here just chillin' on the beach with the family. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out. We are heading out in the morning since we've been here all week. Did you drive your MJ down?

man im really at a loss for words here. that is AMAZING!! you done a great job! im kinda new here and didnt get to follow the build. but you did an awesome job. the interior blows my mind man!

LOL...I was here just chillin' on the beach with the family. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out. We are heading out in the morning since we've been here all week. Did you drive your MJ down?

nah had to roll in the gas milage machine this go round...plus i want to tweak the cooling system on it before i put it through a long hot trip like that. It likes to hover around 220-230 for some reason these days.

how'd the stroker do on the trip down?

Dumb question, but which pushrods did you go with? Mine is very similar and will be done really soon, but pushrods are my hang up.

Thanks, and beautiful MJ man.

Back