Strut shock

mbalbritton

#@$%!
I feel I know the answer to this, but would like to find out if I’m wrong.

Does changing the strut SHOCK (shock only, not the spring) change your alignment?

I just went to drop my 2014 2wd GMC Sierra off to have them swap the front shocks. He stated that I’d need an alignment as well because it would change the ride height. I told him that it shouldn’t change anything accept the ride quality. That I’m not changing the springs.

Oh no, they’re gas filled and it’ll change by about an inch or so.

🤨🤨🤨

Also, what are labor charge out rates these days?

yes/no like on my wife Madza3 it had the factory(oem) strut when I change out the strut,
I mark where the were fastened/bolt to, on the struts tower.
When i put the new one back i just aligned it myself, by put back in the same spot...
It not exact, but pretty darn close :)
-
GAS doesn't mean diddly
just my .02

Normally 2hrs per strut. I wouldn’t say it would change anything... however takin loose arms etc it could slightly move it out of alignment. My personal I would do the alignment but customers I advise it(kinda forced to rec it)

On the 2014-2019 gm trucks the lower seat for the coil spring is made onto the strut so it can change the ride height by just swapping in a new one.

It’s a good idea to have an alignment anyway. Ive only had a few that didn’t need some sort of adjustment even brand new trucks.

Back