Stuck front end loader pin

braxton357

Robot
Maybe the wrong section, but... This shitbag loader linkage pin will not accept grease and now that I try and take it apart, it is completely seized. The tractor only has 400 hrs on it, not like it's lived a life in the gravel pit--I've never had one this shitty.
Anyway, anyone have any ideas/tips on how to get it out?

Attachments

• 20181208_231206.jpg
    20181208_231206.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 283
Maybe the wrong section, but... This shitbag loader linkage pin will not accept grease and now that I try and take it apart, it is completely seized. The tractor only has 400 hrs on it, not like it's lived a life in the gravel pit--I've never had one this shitty.
Anyway, anyone have any ideas/tips on how to get it out?
Getcha a battery powered grease gun, and dont buy shittay kubotas.

Big c-clamp or ball joint press or something like that. And a big socket to give the pin room to slide out. Tighten as tight as you can, then try whacking on it. If that doesn't work, apply some heat.

Ive got some nice super heavy clamps youre welcome to borrow if you wanna ride down this way before snowpocalypse. Or after if everyone doesnt die.

Last edited:
If no penetrate is available. Heat one end and apply trans fluid to the other....heat will actually draw I to the pin in my experience.

Also heat and cool cycles.

Cut it with diesel to thin if you want.

Does it have any play at all....that's the side or point to start. 400 hrs. I bet she is tight.

Can you remove the zerk and try a thinner lube into that hole? If it has some grease the right level of heat will make it move too.

The snowpocalypse is here in Morganton already. I use a Milwaukee cordless grease gun and it stalled it out. I have a hydraulic grease zerk blower outer tool I've tried several times on it already with no luck. Kubota wouldn't even be my second choice for another tractor.
I will definitely try heat, ATF and big ass clamp next. Thanks guys

whacking it with a sledge could actually be counter productive, it will mushroom/expand the end of the pin and cause it to bind more, could also potentially bend the pin if enough is stuck out of the bore, which makes the process even more fun.
work on getting the pin free and moving soaking in penatrant or the other concoctions mentioned to try and break the rust bond.
a twisted loader arm/frame could also cause a pin to bind....
if it comes down to sacrificing the pin, cut it flush with the bore and drill a series of holes around the inside of the bore as close as you are comfortable, the heat of drilling and the relaxed surface area, the may slide out easier.
if you get the loader arm to hot with a torch you’ll compromise the integrity of the structure.
i’ve done the drill out a few times on forklifts, always a good time.

If it still pivots, then leave it alone and rock on.

1-1/4 fine thread rod couple nuts some plate and pipe. Grinder and welder. Build a press and use 3/4 impact to drive it out. Sledge to break it.

1-1/4 fine thread rod couple nuts some plate and pipe. Grinder and welder. Build a press and use 3/4 impact to drive it out. Sledge to break it.
Before all that I would use a porta power. Maybe a chain if needed to anchor it. Or some of the huge bearing pulling tools or such.

Of coarse provided that's on hand. I did similar as you described to make a one time use spreader on a wrecked fire truck....still have that thing somewhere. It was a very restricted unique cab pivot bushing that got badly tweaked. Said it couldn't be done without removing an entire custom cab 4 door.
Took as long to make the tool as the repair....but I saved them days of labor.

ATF/Acetone 50/50 mix. Take the zerk out and feed it through there for a couple days. Best penetrant I have ever used.
Never tried acetone. I bet that works excellent.

Never tried acetone. I bet that works excellent.

Better than excellent, had an old man tell me that years ago and I tried it. I had a brake drum stuck on an Atv axle. Had tried pb blaster for several weeks with no success. I threw it in the scrap bin for a few months and after he told me that I pulled it back out and sprayed some of that on it for 2 days. Tapped it out with a hammer.

Back