Stuck Tie rod heim joint

HiltonEpps

I've been working on removing a stubborn heim joint and just cant seem to remove it.
I've try heating it and using PB blaster but it just wont turn. Any recommendations?
I've soaked it over night and tried hitting it for aprox 10 mins then cooling it off with water.
This is the tie rod end
ai863.photobucket.com_albums_ab198_jamber97_be189d2b.jpg

Jam nut moves . Shouldn't the heim joint move in both directions? The other sides heim joint does in order to adjust toe in/out. Im unable to budge it either direction after multiple sessions of pb blaster and heat.

Do I need to heat it for a certain period of time? Whats the best way to get leverage on it. Ive tried leaving one end attached and cranking the stuck joint with a wrench pole combo, vice grip pole combo.

Anyone know how the shops do it?

Run the heim in on the side that moves, slide a bar through the hole the bolt goes in to get leverage, rotate in the direction so that the loose heim is threading in when it bottoms out against the jam nut it should allow you to turn against the stuck heim, your right it should rotate either way unless its bottomed out.

My guess would be that the threads are galled. If it was put in without some kind of anti-sieze thats more than like your culprit. If you can't heat it evenly all the way around it'll probably just warp the threads just like welding a bung in will if you get it too hot. unfortunately You're probably gonna have to cut it off and drill it out and run a tap through the threads. Thats my experience at least.

Back