Stuff I've built in the yard

Like all the grading work, did you do that yourself?
Like the four legged lawn mower too.
The company that did the concrete just cut out for the slab and left me kinda a mess. Which is what I figured would happen. But wasnt paying 100 an hour for them to fix some problem areas. I'm lucky enough to have a friend that loaned me his skid steer for a day to get things a little better and my gravel spread. I still have low areas that need attention and I need to cut a sloping ditch from the back all the way to where it collects in the front along the field, but that will be at a later date. I plan on cutting the back down another 6 inches or so and moving that to the front to taper it more. I really need a transit to shoot it and see how bad it is but I dont have access to one not being on the construction gang anymore.

And if I could fence in the whole property I would let the goats mow for me lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cabinets up and work bench started, also got my bench light up at wired yesterday.
6b3b1a19034048807cf5441a424a6d28.jpg
7985883662a67c3fa6f1b16273ee54a0.jpg
3247dd2ea2d9ed86cb78e7704a8d013c.jpg
f4fde38d015acc3949ffa5836bd868c2.jpg
babf4a1e1877c6ab1cbda2f7e3bdcbc9.jpg

Looks good
All you need now is a frig and a big screen TV, then you can camp out there & never go inside the house.
Haha working on it, got to pull two more runs, one for the fridge, and one for the hot water heater and the electrical will almost be done. Well done at the panel. Each receptacle has a dedicated run so I'm branching a few here and there.

Pardon my dysfunction(s) if you've put this out already, but what did the building itself run you?
While in my mind a nice stick-built polebarn is the goal, but the truth is anything (including a RubberMaid shed) will likely still be standing long after I'm gone, so debating between that and a "versa-tube" structure to speed up the process...

Pardon my dysfunction(s) if you've put this out already, but what did the building itself run you?
While in my mind a nice stick-built polebarn is the goal, but the truth is anything (including a RubberMaid shed) will likely still be standing long after I'm gone, so debating between that and a "versa-tube" structure to speed up the process...
I explored every option, for like ten years. I'm in this one for right at around 35k with electrical, plumbing stub, concrete, and building. I'm wanting to say concrete, build put up with doors was 32k. The quote I had for a pole barn was around 14k higher but it included a lot more grading. Stick built was around 10k more for a smaller build 30x40x12. I'm very happy with this one even though it was my first choice.

Got busy this weekend since I had a buddy helping. I got two more runs of wire pulled, one for my fridge, and one for my hot water heater. Glad to have my wall sheet back up around my panel box. Also knocked out my work bench area on my back wall, and got my beer fridge moved in! I'll be working on getting the rest of the wall metal up this week and getting stuff in order.

4d6455a91bf627c6102fc7ddca9ad5d3.jpg
3bc9ff89df009c4ba8b60662616d3ab0.jpg
e5dd554d1f1e8dbda2e9ad4fb5e48e18.jpg
4cc640d64313cb102b5a834e0dc5466c.jpg

Nice work on the electrical.
Are you doing the work yourself?
I had the the majority of it done for me but I should of done it all myself, i had them install my panel, lights, and 7 receptacles. I wired 5 more receptacles, the bathroom, bench light, and the exhaust fan myself. The wiring that was done in the panel looks great but they didnt spend any time on anything else. But I'm a little ocd but it only takes a few more seconds to pull the wire tight before you screw it down. Really thinking about redoing all the clamp work he done.

Few pics from today, I cut out the hole which I really hated to do but so far it's been worth it. I did a little trim work around the shutter that I'm not happy with so that will come back off tomorrow. It's just a little tight causing the shutters to hang and not close. But it's up and getting the hot air out!
1c2f1c142dc8b9f864afe7948d1a4a5d.jpg
067c597578d995fec66a4321d383a485.jpg

Got the frame built for the compressor shed. I'm so ready to get it outside and out of the way. Hope to get some concrete before the weekend so I can get this pad knocked put so I can get to building. I'm going to use the left over tin I have from sheeting the inside walls. I'll probably use some leftover decking material to frame it out.
e1e291a90ee75758e087fbe3b104a537.jpg
e834c609b329d8c2572e53c0bc9fd6b7.jpg

Life is so much better with an outdoor compressor: I need to move mine, at least to the other side of the wall... About impossible to carry a conversation when it's running.

OK, tell me about the insulation... appears to be the white faced "double bubble"?
Any plans for heat/AC going forward?
That bubble insulation should thwart any condensation, right?

I'm thinking a cheap 50k+ BTU forced propane heater would do well knocking the chill off, even if most of it will go towards the ceiling... maybe a couple of ceiling fans to stir it up & assist with cooling in the warmer months?

OK, tell me about the insulation... appears to be the white faced "double bubble"?
Any plans for heat/AC going forward?
That bubble insulation should thwart any condensation, right?

I'm thinking a cheap 50k+ BTU forced propane heater would do well knocking the chill off, even if most of it will go towards the ceiling... maybe a couple of ceiling fans to stir it up & assist with cooling in the warmer months?
I just ordered two 60in fans from northern tool to mount center over each bay. Should have them this weekend. The insulation is the double bubble type white one side reflective on the face out side. The exhaust fan has helped out a ton and plan on adding a second to the other end of the back wall. I've looked into to a split unit setup, but I've also got a hvac buddy that said he would hook me up if I want to go with like a 4 ton unit and basic duct work. I'm thinking that will be the way to go but I also have natural gas at my house so I've had thoughts of going that route. Even if I just use that for a heat source, it only gets used in the winter for the gas logs as we did away with the gas hot water heater.

The insulation is the double bubble type white one side reflective on the face out side.

One thing I have noted is this stuff does not like welding light. I have a friend that has a metal building with this stuff up and after a few years of welding on various projects the white layer is starting to fall off.

One thing I have noted is this stuff does not like welding light. I have a friend that has a metal building with this stuff up and after a few years of welding on various projects the white layer is starting to fall off.
Yea that is one of my fears reason for covering the first 8.5ft around the perimeter of the shop. Really hoping the ceiling will be fine, if I have to go back and sheet the ceiling it's going to be a pain in the ass for sure. The guys that put it up did a good job taping the insulation together but I imagine it will fail down the road.

Back