Stupid tractor

Loganwayne

#BTL
I've got a mitsubishi D1650 tractor and the 3 point isn't lifting all of a sudden. Used it all day yesterday and it was fine. Tried pulling a tree down with it (didn't work) then used the box blade to fix the driveway and got to the last pull and went to lift and nothing. It was facing up in a fairly steep area but not that bad. I did lift the front tire 2-3 ft trying to get tree out. It's done this once before but I had watery fluid that bubbled real bad. Let it sit a few days and it was fine. Since then fluid and filters been replaced. Fluid is full and clean and I check the knob under the seat. I'm at a loss.

I'm thinking I some how sucked air into the pump

I've got a mitsubishi D1650 tractor and the 3 point isn't lifting all of a sudden. Used it all day yesterday and it was fine. Tried pulling a tree down with it (didn't work) then used the box blade to fix the driveway and got to the last pull and went to lift and nothing. It was facing up in a fairly steep area but not that bad. I did lift the front tire 2-3 ft trying to get tree out. It's done this once before but I had watery fluid that bubbled real bad. Let it sit a few days and it was fine. Since then fluid and filters been replaced. Fluid is full and clean and I check the knob under the seat. I'm at a loss.

I'm thinking I some how sucked air into the pump

On little grey mkt tractors like that the pump is usually on the side of the engine easy to get to but also easy to lose prime
should also be pulling fluid from the gearcase. First thing i would check is pump pressure...does it sound like a relief valve is whining? Does it do anything at all when you pull the lever? Could be linkage under the seat has fallen apart

Last edited:
On little grey mkt tractors like that the pump is usually on the side of the engine easy to get to and pull fluid from the gearcase. First thing i would check is pump pressure...does it sound like a relief valve is whining? Does it do anything at all when you pull the lever? Could be linkage under the seat has fallen apart
I pulled the fill cap and saw fluid circulating.
It wasn't doing anything when I was moving the lever I'll check the linkage tomorrow, I'm pretty sure the lever is directly connected to the back case. It was working fine last night and felt like it had good pressure I could bump the lever with my hand to adjust the box blade up and down easily

I pulled the fill cap and saw fluid circulating.
It wasn't doing anything when I was moving the lever I'll check the linkage tomorrow, I'm pretty sure the lever is directly connected to the back case. It was working fine last night and felt like it had good pressure I could bump the lever with my hand to adjust the box blade up and down easily

You said you messed with the 3pt speed knob under the seat, on most all tractors if it's turned all the way to the slow direction it will lock out the 3pt lift. That, or you broke the rockshaft. Either way I'll give you $200 for it

You said you messed with the 3pt speed knob under the seat, on most all tractors if it's turned all the way to the slow direction it will lock out the 3pt lift. That, or you broke the rockshaft. Either way I'll give you $200 for it
I've turned it both ways and nothing. I'll mess with it tomorrow.
That's a hard pass lol

Is your fluid level low? I've had that happen before, especially on a hill, when the fluid was low and the pump wasn't getting enough to supply pressure.

I have a similar model Satoh tractor. The same thing happened to mine a few years ago. I don't remember everything that I did, but I know I drained the fluid, had the filter re-screened, replaced some o-rings, and put different oil in it. It's been working flawlessly since then. I have a service manual and a parts manual laying around my shop somewhere. Yours likely has the same lift components. Send me your number and I'll see what I can do about getting those manuals out and helping troubleshoot.

I have a similar model Satoh tractor. The same thing happened to mine a few years ago. I don't remember everything that I did, but I know I drained the fluid, had the filter re-screened, replaced some o-rings, and put different oil in it. It's been working flawlessly since then. I have a service manual and a parts manual laying around my shop somewhere. Yours likely has the same lift components. Send me your number and I'll see what I can do about getting those manuals out and helping troubleshoot.
i replaced all the same stuff you did when it happened last time. im hoping it just sucked a big air bubble when i lifted the front end sky high trying to pull the tree out. Also i think they guy that ran valley power passed and they are selling off all his inventory.

Well nothing jumps out as an issue, fluid is clean and clear, filter was clean, no broken linkage. Starting to think the pump went out

Attachments

• 20230312_111631.jpg
    20230312_111631.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230312_111621.jpg
    20230312_111621.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230312_111615.jpg
    20230312_111615.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 83
New pump did the trick shes going up and down faster and stronger than before. i had to adjust the top point on the lever from where it was because it would stall the tractor the pump was pushing so hard.

the ebay chinese pump, water pump worked perfectly, the new alternator had to spark,smoke and catch on fire before it decided it wanted to work right but is working now.

New pump did the trick shes going up and down faster and stronger than before. i had to adjust the top point on the lever from where it was because it would stall the tractor the pump was pushing so hard.

the ebay chinese pump, water pump worked perfectly, the new alternator had to spark,smoke and catch on fire before it decided it wanted to work right but is working now.
Hope the chinese pump would work for a long time.

Back