Superduty front 60 conversion to passenger side drop

I reached out to Chase at ECGS because I’ve been curious about this as well this is what he told me.

$1,000 to retube your casting and reuse your C's. $1,295 For a new Casting, Cover and C's - You can swap your Knuckles to it.

At this rate, you'd be stupid not to buy new IMO.
Especially since a diff cover is about $100 and included in the $1300.

I would go this route if trying to do it myself.

Last edited:
I would go this route if trying to do it myself.

I did the front 60 in my old ECORS Comanche the exact same way. @MarsFab machined me a couple sleeves and I placed the 3 link tower across the joint on the long side.. It was super easy to do and turned out great. That axle is still going strong 11 years later.

I reached out to Chase at ECGS because I’ve been curious about this as well this is what he told me.

$1,000 to retube your casting and reuse your C's. $1,295 For a new Casting, Cover and C's - You can swap your Knuckles to it.
Dang, sounds like a new casting is the way to go and still in at about the same price as what folks are asking for a kingpin axle. Looks like I know which way I'm going. Nothing at all against cutting tubes and fitting them back together, for simplicity sake in my current situation this is the way for me to go. But it looks like the axle build will get pushed back a hair, I found another 4runner with a bunch of work done so ill be purchasing it instead of cutting mine up, although the new 4runner will get torn down this winter and built with the Superduty 60 and a rear axle tbd.

Hunter I appreciate you reaching out and getting that info. I've been meaning to do it myself but I'm in the midst of starting a business, securing financing on a truck, all the other trucking crap, and a bunch of other stuff and just haven't had time to even think straight.

Curious if you were told who makes the new casting and how readily available it is for them?

I would assume they use readily available aftermarket ones or even Dana/Spicer castings. It's a royal pain to get stuff like that done yourself. 1300 bucks for a housing with clean tubes would be worth it and save a bunch of cutting and grinding.

Back