Swingout tire carrier

flxdrubi

I need to find someone in the triad area that could fab. a swingout to my warn bumper thats on my rubicon. If anyone could do this or knows anyone that could let me know. Thanks Austin

Austin,
I have done this before and I would recommend looking at another bumper. Those bumpers are not very strong and not strong enough for a tire carrier without some major gussetting to the attachment point. The steel that the bumper was made out of actually tore apart on the last one I saw. He ended up replating/rebuilding the whole bumper to hold a 35" BFG well with alot of off road use.

Andy

I had one added to my bumper by Sheldon at Goferitoffroad.com. He does good work for a good price. He used a trailer axle for the pivot point so it's greasable and beefy.

cc1caebb.jpg

Noah

Sheldon's a good guy to do business with as is Carolina Rock Shop. Only thing I would reccomend is using like a nylon bushing or something. Seems to me that all the moving parts in one of those trailer hinges could get corroded or jammed up over time.

Ran a trailer spindle hinge on mine for 4 years, no problem jamming, rusting, or anything.

Mine has never rusted or jammed up either since it's greasable! :D Duh!

buddy of mine had his break in half, his was carrying a 36" tire. Im pretty sure we concluded that vibration was the culprit because there was a bit of play between the bumper and tire carrier.

Back