T&W 10k Buggy Hauler Trailer

rcalexander105

JV Wheeler
Selling my little trailer. T&W (out of Hudson, NC) 10k 16ft buggy hauler style trailer (full width with drive over fenders...yes, they're not the typical drive overs but they're drive overs).
Dual 6-lug 5,200# axles with electric brakes on both axles, LED lights all around and slide-in ramps.

I've owned this trailer for about 6-7 years and it's been a great one. Hate to get rid of it but I need more trailer to haul the boys' 4wheelers, etc. Trailer is pretty light (I pull it around the house w/ my golf cart to move it). Perfect trailer for pulling a rig with a 1/2 ton or behind an RV.

Got it listed on Marketplace at $4,950, you'ins can get it cheaper. Make me a reasonable offer and come get it out of my way.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
ttt

Another bump. Looks like a bunch of views...what's hurting this thing from getting sent down the road? Am I priced too high/length/market for trailers cooling off...??

Looks like a bunch of views...what's hurting this thing from getting sent down the road? Am I priced too high/length/market for trailers cooling off...??
It's that weird in between. Too light for a "big" trailer with 7k axles, too heavy for a lightweight trailer to pull behind a car/suv or haul a 4wheeler on. Too long to be little, too short to fit a tractor and attachments on. Ideal for hauling a buggy or 4x4 rig, but nobody on here does that anymore :laughing:

Another bump. Looks like a bunch of views...what's hurting this thing from getting sent down the road? Am I priced too high/length/market for trailers cooling off...??

Since you asked and not to hijack the thread. But I think a lot of people on here also know that was ~3500 dollar trailer 6-7 years ago, so spending 5200 on something like that now is a lot of money, especially when a new one isn't that much more.

Since you asked and not to hijack the thread. But I think a lot of people on here also know that was ~3500 dollar trailer 6-7 years ago, so spending 5200 on something like that now is a lot of money, especially when a new one isn't that much more.
You're 100% right on that 6-7 years ago but trailer market went dumb post-covid (as w/ nearly everything) & I think that's pretty close to where the market is now. I may be a touch high on price but I don't think I'm too far off. I think it's probably more what Matt described in the market for the specs on this thing. Hell, @Chris_Keziah sold his 20ft 15k Kaufman w/ bald tires and a bent ramp (courtesy of @Hoodw!nk) for $4,700 in less than a day but I think there's just a bigger market for that trailer w/ construction workers.

I'd definitely take a hair cut from the folks here. That's just what it's posted up for on FB (bc Facebookers).

Sensuous axin....this may shed some light

View attachment 416519
That's helpful & pretty close to where my head is at (thx T-Bone). Something starting w/ a 5 probably isn't it but surely it starts w/ a 4...

The way I look at this quote relative to this one to make apples/apples compare would be...
(and correct me if I'm off base)
+ for bigger axles
+ for full width / drive over fenders
+ spare (can't remember if yours came with one or not but can't tell from quote...maybe just ignore this one)
- for 3ft less length
+/- for steel deck (I personally prefer wood...less noisy when I drop chains on it and not slick but there is rot factor to consider)
+/- for new vs refurb used

Again, thx for the color...trying to gauge market as best I can so appreciate everybody's feedback.

+ for full width / drive over fenders
+ spare (can't remember if yours came with one or not but can't tell from quote...maybe just ignore this one)
* That one doesn't have drive over fenders (or removable, which was ONLY $100 more but 6 weeks out) or full width. It's like yours
* Did not opt for a spare. But as I was leaving I stopped at the repair center across from the Lowes distribution place on that shortcut back to 64, and bought 2. Then later had Drew weld me up a mount.

I think Matt nailed it. The length (or lack of it) makes it chicken teeth.

I think Chris sold his so fast because errbody can use a heavy duty trailer. And with Alan, It was long enough to haul more than just a Jeep/4runner/SxS and Alan priced his WAY too low

Guess I'm gonna have to check on prices in case I decide to sell mine. Same maker(T&W) I also have the deck same width as the fenders( I came up with that idea for a friend of mine, then another friend had one made that way, then, I had mine made. Great unless you are used to using the stake pockets, but with the addition of the side width, there no stake pockets. Also mine is 22', longer tongue(Mines 5', not 4) and I have the 7200 lb axles. It's nice to load a wide rig with nothing hanging in the air.

* That one doesn't have drive over fenders (or removable, which was ONLY $100 more but 6 weeks out) or full width. It's like yours
* Did not opt for a spare. But as I was leaving I stopped at the repair center across from the Lowes distribution place on that shortcut back to 64, and bought 2. Then later had Drew weld me up a mount.

I think Matt nailed it. The length (or lack of it) makes it chicken teeth.

I think Chris sold his so fast because errbody can use a heavy duty trailer. And with Alan, It was long enough to haul more than just a Jeep/4runner/SxS and Alan priced his WAY too low
Hey peckerhead mind yer own biz! đź–•:D Yeah my price was low, but with the fender damage, I figured it was fair for this crowd. Probably could've got way more for it, but didn't want to deal with the public and wanted it moved quick for my next one. It was a great trailer tho.

Back