Tandem vs single axle

mbalbritton

#@$%!
I need to replace both torsion axles on my boat trailer. I’m debating on single or double axle set up. I’ve read the comparisons and my weight and length are right around the suggested break point for single vs double.

They both have their pros and cons, but I’m looking for input from this peanut gallery.

My typical use is up to an hour drive at up to 60-70 mph. No trailer brakes. Estimated boat weight is 2200-2500lbs loaded. A single would make backing it in my driveway much easier, but not a major concern.

Thoughts? Questions?

I need to replace both torsion axles on my boat trailer. I’m debating on single or double axle set up. I’ve read the comparisons and my weight and length are right around the suggested break point for single vs double.

They both have their pros and cons, but I’m looking for input from this peanut gallery.

My typical use is up to an hour drive at up to 60-70 mph. No trailer brakes. Estimated boat weight is 2200-2500lbs loaded. A single would make backing it in my driveway much easier, but not a major concern.

Thoughts? Questions?
I had a single 5k axle on my 21 center console and never had a problem. It was nice to only take care of 1 set of bearings. I pulled it 4 hrs every time i took it to the coast.

Thoughts? Questions?
Plus trailer weight and your cresting just under 3500lbs. Buy an outstanding axle. Match the springs and rock a single. Buy great tires to match and don't look back.
Less stuff to maintain and doesn't seem like your abusing the limitations imo.

Back