Tell me about the 2008 jeep ....

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
3.6 or whatever v-6.
Is it a good engine?
I’m looking at an 08 with v6 and 89,000 miles ..... what’s it worth?

3.6 or whatever v-6.
Is it a good engine?
I’m looking at an 08 with v6 and 89,000 miles ..... what’s it worth?
It's really easy to look up the value using. Kelly blue book and NADA but your going to need more info than you have given us.

3.8 or 3.7? Liberty, wrangler, commander, grand Cherokee?

If we were on another board, (not Pirate)
I wouldn't be surprised to hear a Suzuki samurai, so many people refer to other vehicles as Jeeps or trucks nowdays!

Free bump.

Paging @Jason W. Assuming the op is referring to Wranglers. Most knowledgeable person I know on JK's.

Sorry guys, made the first post after being up way too many hours and working.

08 2 dr. Wrangler w/ removable hardtop. I think it's a Sport. Bone stock. Probably will forever be.
3.8, v-6, automatic
Most likely never see offroad unless she upgrades and I end up with it ( o_O There goes staying stock)
Not interested in KBB value. Real world. Plus there are issues that make KBB irrelevant IMHO. I will use those as bargaining leverage.
(I did look it up though)
Pretty blue/gray/black .... nobody can agree on what color it is. Typical ugly black/faded gray fender flares and bumper covers.
It's NOT a Samurai ..... I have owned and driven the same one for 32 years.

Just don't want to end up with something with a ticking time bomb engine/tranny etc.

Thanks for the replies.

My dad has a 2008 JK, it's a rust bucket. I think FIAT went as cheap as possible on the parts and paint. He still has the original 'unlimited drive line warranty'.

The Warranty is pretty typical of Jeep these days, "We see a ding from a rock, you must have gone off road - WARRANTY VOIDED!"

My wife has a 2008 JKU Sahara with 95k on it. It’s been a really good vehicle for us. Unlike @Atla her’s doesn’t have any rust issues. We’ve put 2 water pumps on it, a master cylinder, we’re on the 3’rd set of tires and last week I put an alternator and new belt on it. It’s never been off road. She’s been happy with it and if the wife is happy, then I’m happy.

My wife has a 2008 JKU Sahara with 95k on it. It’s been a really good vehicle for us. Unlike @Atla her’s doesn’t have any rust issues. We’ve put 2 water pumps on it, a master cylinder, we’re on the 3’rd set of tires and last week I put an alternator and new belt on it. It’s never been off road. She’s been happy with it and if the wife is happy, then I’m happy.

Dad probably lucked out and got the one built out of spare 'second' parts. The same parts that were pulled off the assembly line for flaws, they just assembled into his. :)

Back