Tellico Durhamtown...it gone

McCracken

Logan Can't See This
Durhamtown Tellico

Thanks to the Division of Minerals ,Energy and Land Rersources,
Durhamtown Tellico will close on Sept 8 permanently They are declaring the Timber cutting on the property is for the sole purpose of building atv trails. Therefore we must comply by commercial development standards. Permits and paper work will excede $350,000 or I can fight them in Federal Court. This is our government still controlling our private property rights. I am sadden to announce this for I have spent over $250,000 and operated in a professional standard of land preservation. 2 govt agencies agree with me buy the 3rd wants the ultimate motive.
Timber cutting has been part of this property for over 100 years

mike

Well damn. :kaioken:

Just saw this on the book of faces got a few more days this place is cool I suggest you go wile you can

Uwharrie in 5...4...3...2....

Can someone please explain how the Feds can do this on private property.

I sort of understand if there is loan on property, but if no loan, and you hold the deed?

Just seems like people have no power or right to what is owned?

Maybe too much and too detailed for this thread, spinoff?

Idk if the full truth is being told about the reasons for getting shut down. Friends that work for the forest service said that the logging was illegal ( no permits pulled) and broke several laws dealing with waterways.

^^^ winner winner chicken dinner from what I had hered thet had been logging for several genrations and the publicity of the atv park just put them in to much of the public eye and regulations have changed alot over the past 80 years

Can someone please explain how the Feds can do this on private property.

I sort of understand if there is loan on property, but if no loan, and you hold the deed?

Just seems like people have no power or right to what is owned?

Maybe too much and too detailed for this thread, spinoff?

While everyone owns their lands, there are many, many environmental regulations and laws you must follow depending on what you are doing.

As an example, just because Duke owns the land their ash basins are on, it doesn't mean they can do whatever they want with them. Same goes with any other property owner; there are environmental laws in place to follow to protect natural resources for others to enjoy.

I think that area is in a HWQ area, thus there are stricter regulations, etc

^^^ winner winner chicken dinner from what I had hered that had been logging for several genrations and the publicity of the atv park just put them in to much of the public eye and regulations have changed alot over the past 80 years
From what I was told the current logger and the county ranger were big buddy's and the ranger let alot of stuff go or over looked it. And then someone above him was looking at aerial photos and saw it. Also was told his job is coming open.

I wander if he is closing the property and pulling his name and associated company off the lease to avoid the fines. Then comes back under a different company name does what needs to be done, either the legal paperwork to make it a park like he has posted or fix the environmental problems then reopen

Back