The Garden Thread

I'm afraid it might be.
All my apple trees got something called "rust". My research says I'm doomed. Don't want to spray that much for the bees I keep......and we have a forest of cedar along with all the neighbors.

Corn, corn, corn. Neighbor does big farm stuff. He hides sweet corn in his fields. We trade some vegetables with him and he just likes giving it away.
This is our second round after we did 28 pints from our own garden.
IMG_20230817_084414535.jpg
IMG_20230817_084419861.jpg
IMG_20230817_084425284.jpg
IMG_20230817_084430706.jpg
IMG_20230817_150139651.jpg

We have been blessed this year. Dirt, Rain, and Sunshine is our farm slogan. God made them all and we have enjoyed tending our little plot.

IMG_20230823_111412948.jpg
IMG_20230823_111405728.jpg

Yesterday and this morning.

Corn is in, still need to dig potatoes. Beans still putting out slowly. Peppers and tomatoes are rockin’. Squash bugs finally won and I pulled up squash, zuc and cukes 😡

New coop is getting closer to ready…

Thinking about a flock of guineas too, they are supposed to be bug destroyers without harming plants.

IMG_1493.jpeg

Corn is in, still need to dig potatoes. Beans still putting out slowly. Peppers and tomatoes are rockin’. Squash bugs finally won and I pulled up squash, zuc and cukes 😡

New coop is getting closer to ready…

Thinking about a flock of guineas too, they are supposed to be bug destroyers without harming plants.

View attachment 403234
They are so dang loud though. And dumb, nearly suicidal they're so dumb. Running in front of cars is hard wired into their pea sized little brains.

Oh and they are annoyingly loud like 24/7 for no reason loud.
And also, they are loud!
The only good part of owning them is butchering them to eat.
My neighbor (with the suicidal ones) keeps trying to give me a few. He swears they will eat carpenter ants (which I have millions of) like candy. I can't get past how stinking loud they are though

My neighbor (with the suicidal ones) keeps trying to give me a few. He swears they will eat carpenter ants (which I have millions of) like candy. I can't get past how stinking loud they are though
We had a few when we lived in Louisiana cause people said they would help deter snakes from getting to our hen house. They were worthless and actually were very mean to our chickens and ducks. They would make lots of noise so we would sort of know there was a snake but they just sat there squawking like hell watching the snake get in and eat eggs or baby chicks while not actually accomplishing anything. They went in the freezer.

Back