The Official "It doesn't work since the upgrade" Thread...

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
Things I know are currently not finished:

1. Club forum permissions aren't 100%
2. No orange & yellow diamonds Diamonds are back
3. If you renew your membership subscription, it doesn't grant you access to the Garage.
4. Tapatalk busted. Deleting NC4x4 and searching for it in the directory seems to fix it
5. Forum Runner busted. Appears to be fixed after a refresh
6. Chat not installed yet. Chat is now working for upgraded accounts
7. Avatars are too large, blurry. This one isn't really fixable. New avatars are bigger.
8. Need to find a way to hide subforums that you're not interested in.
9. Forum doesn't fit on small screens. I squished it down to 900px.

Post up if you find anything that's not working as it should

ya, what he said, upper right side in the corner, any way to drop it down to an area more visible ?

Maybe eventually, but nothing that's easily/immediately fixed.

I just logged in with iPad, where it says " sign me up " on the right appears at first to be part of the ad at he top of the page. ( the ballon with radiused corners ) :flipoff2:

Maybe change the color of that ballon to the forum color and maybe change it to "sign in" instead ?

And as said in the 4.0 tread , Forum Runner isn't working at this time " parse error " is the message heading " the remote server sent an unknown response , this could be a result of forum software plugin being outdated "

Forumrunner should be updated now. Tapatalk, too.

I know what you're talking about with the ad and the register button. I'll have to work on that.

Forum runner shows the nc4x4 logo now
where it didn't before, but I'm still getting same

i did a search, then re-logged in with Forum Runner, it worked at first. then went to another forum, came back and am getting the same message I got before

So is this white skin what we will see from now on or is there a place where we can choose our background?
Thanks for y'alls efforts!

Its not allowing me to upload pic for my avatar

I don't think XF will let you compress forums like vB did... there may be a way around it.

As for the avatar question, the NC4x4 is the default for people with no avatar... you still have to subscribe to get a personalized avatar, just like before. Someone asked (maybe in the other thread) about diamonds... I'm sure that's on the list. ;)

Thanks for everyone's patience yesterday, today, and for the next couple of days... the best way to make sure it is working properly is to let everyone at it and have you ask questions or bring up issues. Shawn has worked on this for, literally, almost a year... and long before that he was researching different options to upgrade because the old software was no longer supported and the newer version wasn't very good. Between working on the customized stuff, researching the software for answers and solutions and even writing (with some help) custom scripts... all to preserve what worked best about the previous forum and try to keep the 'look' as close as possible. The colors are still a work in progress, like everything else.

It's just going to be different.

You can find your threads from your profile page...

The most often used feature for me on the old set up was "New posts". Now I have to search all the threads that have my interest, to see whats been added. Am I missing something obvious?

"New posts" is now "What's new". You should have a button at the top in the toolbar.

Your posts also show up if you click on the dropdown under your name in the toolbar (top, right side). There's a button called "your content" or something like that.

I posted in the other thread about Tapatalk.... their tool says that the board is okay... I'm wondering if maybe part of the problem is b/c the forum moved from one directory to another. So basically, your bookmark points to the old place. I'm just guessing here, b/c I have no idea how the software actually works... but if you search for NC4x4 in the directory, the directory entry should point to the new forum.

Not sure if Forum Runner is suffering from the same problem or not.... but it could be.

I'm not able to change my Avatar, when I click on Avatar on the profile drop down, I get 404 Not Found nginx

.... interesting. Let me see what's up.

Okay.... as far as you're concerned, the avatar thing should be fixed... as for me... I'm going to have to keep working on it. ;)

Back