the rockcity chinese fire extinguisher bracket torture

Yeap its easy....

attachment.php

the left two parts fit together. Center the bracket in the flat bar with the keyway cut in the flatbar. the two identical parts on the right fit in the two keyways on the flatbar on the right and must be welded to the flatbar, same as the two parts on the left.
the parts on the left attach to the fire extinguisher with hose clamps. the parts on the right attach to the vehicle either with the 2 bolt holes or with hose clamps (already clearanced for hose clamps)
use a quarter inch bolt with locknut as the pivot. Use any quarter inch pull pin on the other hole to release the fire extinguisher.
see the pic below for the assembled product.
awww_pirate4x4_com_forum_attachment_php_1b0e9a876cfbdbecb979a01f463ab094._.jpg

That's darn kool!

I see it now, thank you Rob.
In the first unassembled pic, the nut/bolt should be switched with the pin, since the nut/bolt go with the slot on the left, not the hole on the left.

I see it now, thank you Rob.
In the first unassembled pic, the nut/bolt should be switched with the pin, since the nut/bolt go with the slot on the left, not the hole on the left.

you are right! I have bolts and pins but they were left at home when I came up for the race. McMaster Carr has them for like $1 each. I have more on the way if you need me to mail them to you.

BTW, these are CNC plasma cut and may need to be adjusted a little for a perfect fit.

I can't really advertize them here as I don't have vendor status yet. But, I will soon. To answer your question, I do have some more :)

If any of the winners have questions about how this goes together, let me know.

Maybe Sam can talk Will into giving it to him so he can have 4 or 5 extinguishers easily accessible :D

did anyone figure it out yet?

LOL I gotta admit guys, at the awards ceremony Tony got his and walked back, we both looked at the pieces and were like... WTF?

I saw this laying on the price table and was wondering what the heck it was. Very cool.

of anyone I'd figure one of you two would be able to figure it out :lol:
its easy to figure out with the pics now, isn't it? :)

Oh absolutely.

But I was just looking at a couple of randon strips of metal in Tony's hand. W/o the pins, bolts, or straps it's just a few strips of steel.

oh and I'll take one as well.

I have bolts and pins but they were left at home when I came up for the race. McMaster Carr has them for like $1 each. I have more on the way if you need me to mail them to you...
Can you just bring some to the Flats race? I don't see myself building anything in the next 4 weeks.
its easy to figure out with the pics now, isn't it? :)
It sure is! The QR pin itself may have been a good clue, but I was getting hung up on the 3x large radius, thinking this was somehow made for a 10" diameter fire extinghuisher :lol:

Rob, do you think these would hold ok mounted perfectly horizontal? E.g. hanging from ahorizontal cage crossbar behind seats?
I'm wondering about the one "hinged" side that has the cutout, if it would tend to bump/fall out that way.

I think it would be OK but I don't have any long term experience with it mounted like you describe. All I can say is give it a shot :)

If there were some for "sale", what kind of ballpark price range would someone "probably" pay?

Back