The Sandwich Game

ProbablyBroke

does not torque to spec
image.jpeg
I'll say it, my sandwich game is tight. I challenge you to make a better sandwich.

My Sandwich:

Sandwich.jpg

Your shitty plastic caliper game is not tight. Looks almost accurate enough for sandwich measurement. Come back with Mitutoyo or Brown & Sharpe and take your sandwich game to the next level.

I don't like metric sandwiches. I like my sandwiches made in inches. Not enough people understand metric sandwiches.

Also, eat some vegetables. :D

Last edited:
Your shitty plastic caliper game is not tight. Looks almost accurate enough for sandwich measurement. Come back with Mitutoyo or Brown & Sharpe and take your sandwich game to the next level.

I don't like metric sandwiches. I like my sandwiches made in inches. Not enough people understand metric sandwiches.

Also, eat some vegetables. :D

This caliper could measure your standard Lean Cuisine.

WTF?
Bread?

No thanks.

I'm good with flat plane sammiches, but my tube work is lacking, so today I decided to pay the man. They brought me this monstrosity. There were techniques I've never seen employed on a tube steak before! Sorry I didn't have any measurement tools on me at the time, otherwise I would have wrapped a tape for a circumferential reference. I will say, though, that it was a two-biter, and I have a big mouth. Overall, I'm happy with the results and would recommend.
20160309_133759.jpg

I'm good with flat plane sammiches, but my tube work is lacking, so today I decided to pay the man. They brought me this monstrosity. There were techniques I've never seen employed on a tube steak before! Sorry I didn't have any measurement tools on me at the time, otherwise I would have wrapped a tape for a circumferential reference. I will say, though, that it was a two-biter, and I have a big mouth. Overall, I'm happy with the results and would recommend. View attachment 212242

To make a comment about tube steak, measurements or having a big mouth...or combine the three...hmmm I'll give this thread a little longer before I help it detour to the garage.

Lettuce wraps?
dont like bread.

A sammich for me is ham, roast beef, turkey, etc wrapped in american cheese or cheddar cheese wrapped in the aforementioned cold cuts.

I've got a case of those Blum calipers!

Nothing else to add, I don't eat much bread. Unless we're talking about french toast. mmmmmmmmm

I one time put together a sandwich made from 2 slices of white bread, layer of chunky peanut butter, layer of honey and a few chunks of chocolate chips, then lightly cooked it in a Rome double pie iron over an open fire until the bread was ligtly toasted and contests melted til gooey. I swear it tasted like the best freshly baked chocolate chip cookie ever!

No pics, I ate it to fast. :D

dont like bread.

A sammich for me is ham, roast beef, turkey, etc wrapped in american cheese or cheddar cheese wrapped in the aforementioned cold cuts.
A couple of fancy toothpicks and you got yourself one helluva appetizer!

At what point does actual quantity of food cross the line from appetizer to actual meal ? there are many "appetizers" i could and have easily made a meal of... just wondering

and for the "breadophiles" , try not eating processed wheat products (bread) for awhile (over a year) then go back, it's not good, extreme gas is just one side effect....

WTF?
Are you a communist?

I have to agree with Ron. Sandwich bread is pretty f'ing boring. If I'm eating a torta on a bolillo roll, that's a different story. Good quality bread is good bread, and boring sandwich bread in a bag is just that... boring bread.

and for the "breadophiles" , try not eating processed wheat products (bread) for awhile (over a year) then go back, it's not good, extreme gas is just one side effect....

The wife has a gluten intolerance and so we don't eat bread (or pasta, or pizza, or....) at home, and I know it's really not great for you from a nutritional standpoint. Therefore, when I eat bread, it better be something worth eating. Like a torta from a taco truck. Or a caprese sandwich from an Italian deli. Or a fresh baguette from a bakery...

Last edited:
We had homemade tacos tonight.
Same deal.

I make taco shells out of shredded cheese. Sounds crazy, until you try it

Weight loss.
Keto.
It works.
Very well.

I would have a hard time giving up bread. I really like it. Blkvoodoo mentioned gas. Yep, I have gas all day long. IDGAF. I'll blow it out nice and loud while sitting in my cubicle at work, LOL.

We had homemade tacos tonight.
Same deal.

I make taco shells out of shredded cheese. Sounds crazy, until you try it

I've tried that..... They didn't turn out very well but it was good!

Back