The tan toyota build

khwrx

long story short i got rid of my xj cause i want something new to build , so here it is a 1985 toyota ,auto ,22re.
how it looked when i got it for siegzok. it kinda ran, the bed was swiss cheese like all toyotas but it was a start.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_IMG_5130.jpg

got the bed stripped off and found a bad main fuel relay, and a fuel pump that was rusted to allmost nothing, replaced them and wow she ran.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_pics004.jpg

yanked out the auto for a manuel with duel cases, marlin adaptor and budbuilt crossmember.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_pics001_2.jpg

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck015.jpg

ford front shock mount, $12.67 each. yes im cheap
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck006.jpg

this is how she sits now.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck012.jpg

Other things i have done also. took my rear springs and my front rough country 3 inch lift springs and made a bastard pack with budbuilt bannna shackles. put chevy 63 inch springs out back with budbuilt sping hanger, shackles and marlign rear sping hanger. shortned the rear drive shaft and made a square front drive shaft.. like i said above i removed the auto trans for a manuel with duel cases with a marlin adaptor, budbuilt crossmember and threw in a new clutch also. replaced the rear brakes and welded the diff.

got alot of other stuff to do in the next few days to get it ready for mtn city sunday.

looking good hey don't forget to cut overload down on rear i left about 4inches sticking out on mine

well now i have a problem with the engine running rough above idle. it pops and backfires , gonna check the timing , this motor looks like it was rebuilt prior to me owning it. i gotta check and see if they put it in proper time. dont look like going to mtn city this weekend.

Here's the part#. Im using the same ones on my Ranger.

Ford part no. E5TZ 18183A

got the rough running prob fixxed . it was a hole in my pickup tube after my fuel pump inside the tank. no gas no go. got everything done except winch and amp for ipod, so no tunes.

well i took her out for a virgin run to mtn city with some of my buddies. had a good day . it still ran a little rough had to put the transfer case in low-low to get up a couple hills. did the rock pile at top of the world and went up armor-all and got up the first ledge and broke a engine mount, so that was enough for me for the day. got home found #4 injector pins were pulled out of the plug and both coolant sensor were unplugged. i got some rocker damage from the ledge on armor-all, ill post some pics of that later. but all in all the truck did pretty good on its first day out.

I see you went to the dark side..:alien:

Just raggin. Looks like a good start.

heres some pics of the rocker damage i got from armor-all
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck016.jpg

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck017.jpg

heres a pic of my ifs steering box mounted , i think i did pretty good with how far i spaced it so the links wouldnt touch.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck020.jpg

and another random pic of the truck.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck018.jpg

ok ok. ill post some pics tonight. lol. i figured out i didnt break my engine mount, guess the bolts broke or the just fell out . a couple grade 8 bolts and a good ol chain it will be good to go.

heres those pics i promised,.tryed the look with the fenders back on. will have to trim the bottoms off to keep from rubbing.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck024.jpg

my trans cover to cover up that hacked up hole i made trying to get my shifters through my automatic trans tunnel.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck021.jpg

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck022.jpg

my make coolant temp gauge pod.
ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p201_khwrx_toyota_204x4_truck023.jpg

well got the axle back together after blowing a seal from my last trip to mtn city. then i was able to finally get my winch mounted. next weekend i get to cut the top off and tow her on over to quickracers house to get her all tubed up.

Do you have a problem with your springs hitting your pitman arm. Im running ruf and I have bad problems with binding.

no i installed a ifs box on mine, it was a push pull deal before. i moved it about 2 inchs back and tilted it back a hair. i havnt had a prob with it so far, took it to mtn city twice and done pretty good .

Back