this wraith is pi$$ing me off!

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.
my wife bought me a wraith for christmas and i have yet to enjoy it as a matter of fact i boxed it back up to keep myself from lighting it on fire.
for starter it was shutting off if i give it more than 1/8 throttle so i say ok ill disable the low volt shutoff since im not using lipo.
now the stress begins!
i tried to manually do it with the controller and listen for the beeps well i dont hear very well so i disabled reverse and still had the shutoff problem :shaking:
so when we got back into town i took it by the hobby shop and the rc guy went in manually and got reverse back but turned off the drag brake oh and it still shuts off.
on my way home i call up a buddy thats a little more hard core and borrow his castle link cable so that i can use my laptop to program the esc and im still stumped i set up my brakes and completly disabled the low volt shutoff and it still quits if i hit the throttle to fast or i put any strain on it such as trying to climb something.
i know my ni-mh stick packs are good and i tried 2 different ones hot off the charger so whats going on here do i have a bad esc.
i dont want to have to buy a lipo and new charger as i have 5 stick packs and a pile of chargers that id rather use up first.

My Wraith ran fine on stick packs without any work on the ESC. Call or email Axial, they have awesome customer service.

MIne does that when the packs get ran down. I gues that's the low volt thing you're talking about?

I'm having the same problem with my Traxxas Rustler, I put a new ESC on it, I get full power in reverse and about half throtle in forward. I'm thinking controller issue maybe?

MIne does that when the packs get ran down. I gues that's the low volt thing you're talking about?
I'm having the same problem with my Traxxas Rustler, I put a new ESC on it, I get full power in reverse and about half throtle in forward. I'm thinking controller issue maybe?
have you tried reversing the motor wires then switch the controller from normal to reverse throttle.

No I haven't, but that does kinda make since. It's worth a shot...... Thanks

i spent a couple more hours at the hobby shop today and we even got a new one out of the box and it does the same we tried a 7 cell pack and the problem went away so it looks like its gonna be 7 cell or lipo to get it to run the way i want it.
also does everyone else have a delay from forward to reverse?

I have the delay going into reverse and back to forward also. If I go straight from one to the other it just coasts backwards. Have to stop at neutral before switching. It's agrovating, but I have broke a few gears in the past going back and forth to fast. Especialy with sticky tires so I just left it alone.

I have that issue when the battery is just about to die completely. Mine will wheelie into reverse if I just slam it into reverse from full throttle forward.

Most of the new speed controllers delay when switching directions. The motors are just too powerful these days and without that delay they would be warrantying broken driveline parts too frequently.

Are there a lot of people having problems with the wraiths? I know a few guys that have them and had nothing but problems. My ax-10 scorpion has been threw hell and keeps on truckin. Axial makes some of the most durable rc's out there but the wraith i dont know about.

I've ran about 4 packs through mine. The only issue I had was a broken lower link in the front and 2 broken stinger braces. BUT, that was my fault, I ran around the far side of the tree in the front yard and hit my Jeep tire at full throttle :shaking:.

The delay I don't mind as long as it is consistent and so far it is. After talking with navacayne last night, I may try to reprogram the ESC to get rid of that.

Other than that, it seems to be a decent R/C so far....

A 3 cell lipo really wakes the wraith up. But in order to run a 3 cell for a long amount of time you will need a bec and eventually a new motor. My stock one lasted 30 minutes with the 11 plus volts going through it. Enjoy the wraith. It is the funest rc I have owned to date. It doesnt matter what rc you get there is always going to be broken parts and electronic problems. It's part pf the hobby. Enjoy!

I have beaten mine like it was free and the only problem I have had is the screw backing out of the knuckle (same hole x 2). I run 4000 mah 40c lipos and have ran 6 cell stick packs before.

Not sure what the problem is, but mine has been shutting off.

Running around about 1/2 throtle and it just stops. Usually I still have steering but no throtle. I can nudge it a little and it will take off.

Sometimes it almost like it just loses contact with the radio, like when you first turn it on it has a different beep untill you trun on the radio, then beeps twice and is ready to go.

Today it stopped and I had nothing, no throtle no steering no beeps from the ESC, nuthing. I switched the ESC off and on a few times and unpligged replugged the battery and it took off. 2 other times it just stopped with no throtle, still had steering.

Yeah..... that may be a while.... the guy building my 1:1 rig keeps taking all my $ .....

When you switch the motor wires or reverse the esc direction from the controller try on then the other before doing both also be sure to adjust the throttle trim as its very sensitve i keep mine just off of foward to keep it from rollin back, when the batt. gets below have I get glitching from the esc but just live with it, everyonce in awhile I'll trim it towards reverse if I'm practicing alot of down hill crawls to keep it from rollin forward, butg it has to be absolutly centered to get rid of glitching past half a charge with any batt. pak

When you switch the motor wires or reverse the esc direction from the controller try on then the other before doing both also be sure to adjust the throttle trim as its very sensitve i keep mine just off of foward to keep it from rollin back, when the batt. gets below have I get glitching from the esc but just live with it, everyonce in awhile I'll trim it towards reverse if I'm practicing alot of down hill crawls to keep it from rollin forward, butg it has to be absolutly centered to get rid of glitching past half a charge with any batt. pak
um guess you didn't notice how old this thread was.
but just to update i got a 4400mah sky lipo and used a castle link cable to program the esc and all my problems are cured and i have the drag brakes tuned to my driving style.

Back