Thursday was awesome! Friday sucked! (with pics)

farmboy

To start of with, this is Sam, Macs brother and I have the Cruiser.....I figured this was tech but if mods see otherwise then feel free to move to truck pics.

Well on thursday everything seemed to be going my way. A few parts came in, including my beadlocks and I was even lucky enough to have time to mount them that night. Well friday started off good enough as I drove the cruiser to school with the new beadlocks. But as I pull into my parking spot the cruiser starts to smoke. I think "this cant be good" but class is starting and I dont have time to check on it now. When I finaly get back to the cruiser and start it up Antifreeze shoot out of the drivers side exhaust pipe......CRAP! So I come back with a trailer load it up and off to the shop for a fun weekend of replacing the head gasket. ohh well.... Here are some pics to entertain yall.

Attachments

• 100_0492.jpg
    100_0492.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 815
Atleast I get to clean up some stuff. :D

Attachments

• 100_0496.jpg
    100_0496.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 769
The little bugger...

Attachments

• 100_0493.jpg
    100_0493.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 795
The new locks...15x10 2.5" BS and 32 friggin bolts that take forever to tighten..

Attachments

• 100_0497.jpg
    100_0497.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 771
Got a little wider with the wheels.

Attachments

• 100_0502.jpg
    100_0502.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 828
make sure to keep it organized.... :)

Attachments

• 100_0504.jpg
    100_0504.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 888
I know you didn't ask, but a few suggestions, some you may be aware of. Ok, blown head gasket, no biggie, but why? I recomend you have heads checked. At least a magna flux, preferably a pressure check. ALso have head surface checked for flatness, have it surfaced if need be. While they are down, perfect time to get the valve job done, at least new valve seals. Go back with the good head gaskets, and torque to spec, in stages.
Chip ( yeah I work in an automotive machine shop)

Still a nice set-up you two have down there...the Cruiser is coming along great.
Doc

Just a little update...We knocked the head gaskets out this weekend. Got her back on the road, but need to work on the timing a little. It was a good project, and we learned some stuff, seeing as it was our first time doing a head gasket. :)

I recomend you have heads checked. At least a magna flux, preferably a pressure check. ALso have head surface checked for flatness, have it surfaced if need be. While they are down, perfect time to get the valve job done, at least new valve seals. Go back with the good head gaskets, and torque to spec, in stages.

did you heed any of that advise?

Back