Time-out session

Is it just me or is the time-out session short?

I like to view the 'new posts' when I come online and sometimes I don't have time to roll through them all, and get pulled away for one reason or another and when I come back and Ihave to sing in again and then the new posts are obviously 'new' from when I walked away.

would saving my password to the site in my browser change any of this? (I'd rather not)

Check the "Remember Me" box next to the login/password boxes. I never have to log in to the site. Not even sure I can remember my password anymore. :p

I'd rather not at work. I can lock it and walk away but a few folks that would need to get on - can. And my files are exactly mine at work if you know what I mean.

on my own PC (ahem cough cough MAC).... maybe

Just wondering because I know browser defaults are I think 10 or 20 minutes for session timeouts.
I know sometimes it has been only like a 5 or 6 minutes reading a thread and I want to post and I have to log in again.

I guess I may be the only paranoid a-hole here that doesn't want to leave all their passwords in their browser.

I checked. It's currently set at 16:40 (1k secs).

I'm never permanently logged in. What I'll do sometimes is to run the New Posts search, then spawn each page of the search into its own tab. Put them in the background, and I can flip through them at my leisure. The only time it's a problem is if I want to read a thread that requires me to be logged in for access (garage, etc).

Back