Tiny houses versus campers

"Tiny houses" are death traps, that's all there is to it. Built by Uncle Bob in his back yard. They aren't built to any sort of code. If you want a tiny house, buy a freaking park model RV, they already exist and can be had for a hell of a lot cheaper than 50k. Hell, buy a small modular house. I know for a fact that NC Custom Mods in Richfield can do 60k turn key mods if you have the land.

I went to a tiny home convention with a friend of mine trying to convince her she might as well light her 50k on fire. The whole thing was all about how to get around various regulations, the electrical wiring I saw would make your heads explode, shoddy craftsmanship all over. Some idiots used DRYWALL on the damn thing, so the minute you move it the whole thing cracks apart (and it had already started). You have no real legal fall back for it either, you're basically giving money to some random dude on a handshake and a prayer. No one will loan you money on this as a "house" or even a vehicle loan, you'll have to pull out a personal loan with high interest for it, and on top of that, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to insure it.

http://www.rvia.org/UniPop.cfm?v=2&OID=6700&CC=7616

And you'll never have to worry about a woman living with you in an old school bus with painted over windows, so that part's easy too.

We actually know a guy who retrofitted a school bus to live in with his wife. They met while thru-hiking (or maybe wiring as rangers on...) the AT.

With my luck if my house were on wheels I'd come home and it would be gone. Or worse yet, someone would steal it with me in it.

Tiny home community proposed for Old Fort

If it's where I think it is, it's prime location.....Nestled in between I-40, railroad tracks, and a manufacturing facility :rolleyes:.
So basically a super concentrated encampment of douches? Or just a bunch of cheapskates in one place.
article said:
“This would be done extremely well with landscaping. It would enhance the curb appeal of the town,” he said
Oh, landscaping. OK. That's the key to keeping it upscale and not turning into a trailer park. It's just that simple.

Oh, landscaping. OK. That's the key to keeping it upscale and not turning into a trailer park. It's just that simple.
Does pink flamingo's count as landscaping???

According to my fiancé, they do not. She was very adamant about it.
Maybe you need a fiance with a lil more trailer park in her.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

My new tiny house if I had the money. And it's built for full time use.
Semiforpostcard-1.jpg

The woman and I have looked into the storage container homes, but to hell with a tiny house. When we go camping I can barely fit past her butt in the camper without her almost getting pregnant, I don't want to live in a house that small.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no desire to live in a tiny house. We had a new regular house built 3.5 yrs ago, and we love it. The process of building it is another story though.

I have absolutely no desire to live in a tiny house. We had a new regular house built 3.5 yrs ago, and we love it. The process of building it is another story though.
Nothing like building a house or doin a complete remodel to test a marriage.

Back