Tires for my Pickup?

R Q

I have a '15 GMC Denali 2500 Dmax with the 20" stock wheels and 265/60-20 Goodyears. I need new tires and was wanting to size up a little but the next E rated tire in the Michelin Defender is 285/60-20. It's only an inch taller, an inch wider but my tire guy says from what he has heard that I should stay with the 265/60 because of rubbing issues if I don't turn up the torsion keys and lift the rear. The wheel well does look too small for the truck. What is your opinions and experience?

lets math through this.
That's 20MM wider or .78 inches wider
And 24MM taller or .94 inches taller.

This doesnt take into acount variation between listed and actual size and variaton manufacturer to manufacturer

That said...I seriously doubt it left GM with less than a 1/2" of clearance.

275/65r20 is a common stock size for 20" wheels and would be a little taller and wider without being too much of a change. Plus you can probably find takeoffs on CL for cheap.

I didn't realize How many Tire shops are around Charlotte, selling New take-offs, rims & all! And most every shop is Mexican! Where the heck they getting all these? Tire Medic, at 1200 E. Sugar Creek rd., is probably the largest. Their all over Market Place!

Insurance claim/wrecked/flooded vehicles. There's a few that do the same sort of stuff here too...all Mexicans!

So I’ve had my eyes out for some take offs to get me through this set of two good and two worn out tires. Finally found exact same tires with low miles set of four on FB marketplace. Contacted seller for a couple details to make sure, made offer and then accepted her counter offer which was $25 less than her asking price. Made appointment to pick them up at 1pm when she could meet me. It was 11 am when we made the deal. I was on my way to pick them up and she messages me that she sold them for the full $375 rather than our agreed to price of $350.
I did tell her what a POS she was for doing that. I tried to rate her as a bad seller but she removed the ad and I wasn’t able to. I did report her as a scam on FB just for my own satisfaction.
So yesterday I ordered two new tires to put on so I can stop all of this spinning and sliding. I hate having mismatched tires (only by brand, not size) but fronts were new A year ago when I bought the truck.
People really suck! :flipoff:

So I’ve had my eyes out for some take offs to get me through this set of two good and two worn out tires. Finally found exact same tires with low miles set of four on FB marketplace. Contacted seller for a couple details to make sure, made offer and then accepted her counter offer which was $25 less than her asking price. Made appointment to pick them up at 1pm when she could meet me. It was 11 am when we made the deal. I was on my way to pick them up and she messages me that she sold them for the full $375 rather than our agreed to price of $350.
I did tell her what a POS she was for doing that. I tried to rate her as a bad seller but she removed the ad and I wasn’t able to. I did report her as a scam on FB just for my own satisfaction.
So yesterday I ordered two new tires to put on so I can stop all of this spinning and sliding. I hate having mismatched tires (only by brand, not size) but fronts were new A year ago when I bought the truck.
People really suck! :flipoff:
Me, I'm more concerned about physical tire height matching than brand or whatever.. particularly with AWD vehicles. I've seen two "matching" P size tires differ by an inch, which with AWD, will destroy the transfer case. FWIW

Back