Tires for the tow pig

Yep, now I’m not sure either cause I went back through the check out process short of hitting submit and you’re right it came up as $1079. Mine came out to $991 and I have all 6 setting in my truck waiting to go get put on Thursday. Guess the computer screwed up. Merry Christmas to me lol. Either way $1079 is still a real fair price.

Ordered tuesday morning, they showed up wednesday morning at Parrish tire (where I had them shipped). Went and had them put on today. Raised the speed (based on GPS) by 3-4mph. Would have liked more but it is hard to find a taller tire that isn't wide. I didn't want tread wear issues from wide tires.

Put mine on today and a good thing too. Found some pretty bad spots on the old tires but can’t complain too much. I found the receipt for my old tires. I had all 6 put on at 231,118 miles. As of today when I left the car center on post I’m at 318,225. Guess I got my money’s worth.
The only thing I have noticed so far is there is a “floaty” feeling when going around curves at speed (55-60mph). I have 60 psi in all the tires. Should I go more for an unloaded truck? Are the tires just settling in? I can’t imagine the sidewalls are that much taller between a 235/80-17 and a 255/80-17? Old tires measured right at 30” and new are 32.5” according to the tape measure.

It's not the sidewalls. It's the tread blocks. They have to go through enough heat cycles to harden up some more...usually about the time the tits wear off they'll start to feel normal.

Back