Totally stock, for now...my introduction to the world of Jeeps.

ut_prosim

ai.imgur.com_7YUzlp5.jpg

Coming up to a month of ownership. Successfully dented my credit card getting the recovery gear/tools I need, next will be ARB bumpers front and rear later in the summer. Only other mod I see will be a Gobi Stealth rack sometime, maybe KO2s when the KMs wear out. Not as interested in crawling as I am in getting lost outdoors, but if there are rocks or sketchy terrain in the way, well :p

Already the start of an expensive journey...

You got a First Class machine! Now, may I suggest you take a First Class [101] off road lesson, at UORTC, Uwharrie/Troy, NC. Scott Fields, is a Certified trainer, as is most of his assistants. He has several properties for training, from the basics, to More, located across from the "Outpost" Hwy. 109, near the entrance to Uwharrie. He has a site on this forum, & it's the Best money, anyone could spend!

Yeah, that's true - although most steel full-widths are basically the same weight, right?

I've thought about a stubby, but it may look fairly silly for a while until I get a winch :p

Congrats on the new rig. Nice color too.

ARB are built like a tank and weigh almost as much. The bumper and winch will cause your front end to sag a bit.

With the stubby I was looking at, I'd be adding about 40lbs of net weight to the front (pre-winch), but between tools and the new rear bumper, there'd probably be just as much added in the back.

Hmm. Something to think about.

Jason knows his stuff and has bought a few bumpers ;)

Check out His build thread TJ to JK the Medication build from the beginning and understand where he comes from. Then you can really appreciate his advice and knowledge

But great paltform:rockon:

Back