tow mirrors on a duramax

adam greene

i have a buddy that has a 06 2500 chevy and he wants to put the factory style tow mirrors on his truck. his truck now has the little crappy ones, what all has to be dont to put the tow mirrors on and where to get them at.

Ebay, KOOL VUE brand is what most use. They are ~220, compared to ~5-600 for OEM. The Kool Vue are hit and miss though with the passenger side shaking at highway speed, nothing bad, though. There are a few writeups on dieselplace.com to correct that I believe. I have the Kool Vue and I am pretty pleased with them, although I completely disassembled them to paint them, and level them (stock mirrors are angled slightly).

If he has stock power mirrors, they bolt right on and wire right up, just make sure you get the right 03-07 year range mirrors, the Kool Vues for 99-02 have different colors. I'm pretty sure the signal ones will work with no mods as well.

Installation is simple, pop off the access panel, 3 nuts, and the wiring connector and that's it.

If he wanted the smaller power extend (accordion) style mirrors, they must be programmed into the BCM at the dealer in order to enable the power extend feature.

My mirrors: http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/GCncsuHD/honeymoon/2010-10-02_13-39-07_310.jpg

03 and up has to remove the door panel. mirror plugs into window switch. Not hard tho, just remove lock slider (snaps in), 7mm screw behind it, 7mm under handle, 7mm in bottom of door. remove trim ring around door handle. then lift up and off.
pics of both body styles
The ones on the 06 arent leveled, other two are.
DSC00263=2.jpg
DSC00264=2.jpg
DSC00269=2.jpg
DSC00266=2.jpg

actually just ordered a passenger side mirror for an 07. cost was about 220.00 from Keystone Automotive (aftermarket). it actually has heat and turn signal in it.

they actually just delivered it and it is a Kool Vue
No offense, you got ripped if that was the price for one. 99-07 Kool Vues can be had for $220 in a pair everyday. 07.5+ Kool Vues can be had in a pair for less than $200 with heat and signals.

No offense, you got ripped if that was the price for one. 99-07 Kool Vues can be had for $220 in a pair everyday. 07.5+ Kool Vues can be had in a pair for less than $200 with heat and signals.

WHERE????? Ebay aint even that cheap!!! My signal heated mirrors were 329/pair and the the heated non signals on the long bed were 230/pair. both witout shipping

WHERE????? Ebay aint even that cheap!!! My signal heated mirrors were 329/pair and the the heated non signals on the long bed were 230/pair. both witout shipping
Can't remember if its ok to post links to non-vendor sites on here, if its not I apologize ahead of time.

Single drivers side replacement heat/signal for 03-07 for $142 Free shipping:
http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Mirrors/Chevrolet/Silverado/2005/AM-28868297/

Pair signal/heat for $272:
http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Mirrors/Chevrolet/Silverado/2005/AM-13511626/

Pair no heat for $207:
http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Mirrors/Chevrolet/Silverado/2005/AM-13511626/

So I was a little low on the signal and heat pair, but I could have sworn they were $220 when I got mine.

I got the manual ones from that site for my truck last year for $220 shipped, I'm still not sure why the manual mirrors cost more than the standard power. The 07.5+ new style mirrors are cheaper usually though.

Edit: those are not the oem style, those have the signals on the outer housing...hmm they had the kool vue's when I got my manual ones from them, and mine were kool vue brand.

They're out there for cheaper though, there was a thread on dieselplace.com for the cheapest place to buy them when I was looking.

Thought I'd add discountautomirrors.com to the list. I just a got a PAIR of the koolvue heated,electric tow mirrors for my 04 2500hd for less than $210 shipped

=Edit: those are not the oem style, those have the signals on the outer housing...hmm they had the kool vue's when I got my manual ones from them, and mine were kool vue brand.
Thats why they were a little cheaper. I found the one with signals on the side, but they look like ford mirrors. Mine are just like OEM.

Back