Tow Rig tire review

Rich

Asshole at large
BF Goodrich Commercial T/A All season... in the ever-popular 235/85-16, Load range E.

I was coming from Uniroyal laredo AWP's on the front, and some bald BFG All-terrain KO's on the back...

These are about as quiet as the Uniroyal's, and certainly quieter than the BFG's.. That is to say, almost silent.

Straight line tracking is EXCELLENT.. wandering is reduced noticably. Comfort is up as well, they seem to absorb sharp-edged bumps better than the AT's.

They balanced out pretty well, the guys at the Sam's in Winston-salem REALLY went the extra mile..even putting anti-sieze on the lugs without me asking!

Best part - the price. $92.14 each. Can't beat that for a name brand tire, with a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty!

No, they won't grip in the dirt like the AT's did, but this is a tow rig.. I shouldn't be getting myself places that knocking the t-case into 4 high won't get me out of.

Most excellent to hear you're pleased with them. Time will tell if the tread holds up as the mileage on them increases... sounds like you confirmed the 50K mile treadlife warranty?

Will probably haul the Ford over in the next week or so for a set myself!

Caver (glad the great service folks are 2 miles away from MY house!:flipoff2: ) Dave

Yeah, it's right on the BFG website... and the truck's mileage is noted on the service order, so I'm good...

I hope the stright line traction improves as they break in... still spinning some when the boost comes on in 1st gear...

im runnign BFG-ATs and have over 40k on them so far, they are a bit noisy, but with a 2wd i like the little extra traction i get when i venture off the pavment. (been stuck on wet grass before :D )

will have to check these out though next go-round

Rich said:
I hope the stright line traction improves as they break in... still spinning some when the boost comes on in 1st gear...

Cry me a freakin' river! :flipoff2:

After taking a spin in Moby last night, no doubt once "additional" mods are done, you'll have problems keeping them from lighting up in *ALL* gears! :D

I ran BFG at's on a bunch of work trucks. Most were 2wd and were in situations thay had NO business being in. Unless the tires got caked to the point that you couldn't spin them out, there were great. Wet pavement traction was occasionally lacking, though.

And Caver, you need to quit focusing on the tow rig, or you aren't going to have anything TO tow. :lol:

uglyjeepoffroad said:
And Caver, you need to quit focusing on the tow rig, or you aren't going to have anything TO tow. :lol:

geez! I guess swappin' some sheetmetal makes you the expert now that you've attempted to suckup to the :gay: crowd?... and that will insure your trash sees the trail in our lifetime how exactly? :flipoff2:

I also run the BFG Commercial TAs after 3 sets of BFG ATs that only lasted ~20k miles each. I have about 50k on the Commercial TAs now and they still have 60% tread. Balance well and more importanly last. I run the 265/75/16s on the F350.

Shannon

Shannon - very encouraging, thanks!

Something I noticed today... at 65lbs cold on the front, they "look" low. Mind you, I've got a BUNCH of weight on the front axle, on the order of 4500lbs +.

The rears will probably be perfect with about 40lbs on them empty, judging from the marks on wet pavement showing the contact patch. They've got 45 in them now and are a little center-heavy.

Back