Toy Badger

Nice build. Any more pics of the 4runner?

Heres one of the 4runner. I had more pics but photobucket decided they wanted to charge 400 to imagehost. Screw them. I downloaded all my photos and need to fix most of the links.

A few more updates. Finished welding up a stinger hoop and brace for the front bumper. Also finished up the sliders and added a kickout on it. Then to look cool I installed an NRG steering wheel disconnect, cause race car right?
bumper.jpg
sliders.jpg
sliders2.jpg
steering wheel.jpg

Made a quick set of bedside sliders in preparation for Windrock next month. I bit hard to see in the picture, but if you look at the second pic, near the bed rail is the sliders. I still plan on tieing them back into the sliders and rear bumper. I also riveted on some snaps for a soft cover I am making for the bed to keep things dry.
IMG_20170716_210007.jpg
IMG_20170724_202600.jpg

Smallish update:

Getting my toy ready for the appalachian toyota roundup in windrock, so I made a simple bed rack to get the spare out of the bed for camping gear and storage. I plan to put the tire in the bed once we get there to keep CG low and throwing the camp gear in my buddy's tow rig. I made a simple bed cover to keep things somewhat dry if it starts to rain on the way up there. Also mounted my rocklights and yellow bedlights. Both are on separate switches.

bed rack.jpg
rocklights.jpg

I like the bed lights. Leds?

Yep Yellow LEDs. I used yellow since its not quite as bright as the white I have on the undercarriage. THey are some cheap led pod strips I bought off of pirate4x4 awhile back. If I recall correctly it was 20 of those pods for 26 bucks. Heres another pic of the bed.

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 281
Are you running dual fuel or just propane? How much is your timing advance?

Im running dual fuel. I run gas on the road and pane offroad. I have my timing set at factory now. It runs the propane fine at that timing, but probably isnt as efficient as it could be. I was going to buy an MSD timing controller so I can control the timing in cab when switching between the two.

I had my 22r set at stock timing for about a year on my buggy with propane. I wasn't comfortable adjusting it. My friend put a timing light on it and advanced to 8 degrees. Night and day difference. I was burning a ton of propane just fooling around in the backyard, advanced the timing and I'm getting more like two half days of wheeling to a 33lber.

I had my 22r set at stock timing for about a year on my buggy with propane. I wasn't comfortable adjusting it. My friend put a timing light on it and advanced to 8 degrees. Night and day difference. I was burning a ton of propane just fooling around in the backyard, advanced the timing and I'm getting more like two half days of wheeling to a 33lber.

Damn ill have to look into that for sure then. Im actually not doing bad usage wise. Last time I went to URE I had probably 75% on my 33lb tank and it lasted the entire day wheeling.

Its been a long time since I've updated this thread. I finally found some motivation to start working on the Toy again after having it sit there all winter and cleaned out my shop last Saturday. So last year I went to ATR at windrock with a couple of my buddies and did some wheeling. Overall it was an amazing trip and we plan on doing it again this year. The drive from Charlotte to TN wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in the old Yota. Anyway's here are some pics:
IMG_20170831_121920.jpg

IMG_20170902_132654-2.jpg
IMG_0819.JPG
IMG_0771.JPG

Its been awhile since I've update this. I recently went on a wheeling trip with a friend and managed to break the studs on my passenger side knuckle and completely destroy a trunion bearing. :bang: Anyways shes all fixed now.
20180902_230514.jpg

20180901_165055 (1).jpg

20180827_190312.jpg

You need to fo the 5th bolt mod if you're not upgrading that stock stuff anytime soon. The trunnion bearing eliminators are another good upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You need to fo the 5th bolt mod if you're not upgrading that stock stuff anytime soon. The trunnion bearing eliminators are another good upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I did ARP studs for the moment. I plan on doing 6 shooters eventually. But I need to get my duals in the truck first.

Back