Toyo open country A/T

4x4fever

Fixed the rear main seal now I need tires. Anyone had experience with these tires?
I can get a 285/75/16D for $135 a piece sopposed to be a 40000 mile tire. Anything in that price range comparable?

Their a good lookin tire. I know they are supposed to be good. I have no personal experience with em though.

I run them on my '99 half-ton Chevy. I like them, but they're just not wearing like I thought they would. Of course, mine are only load range C and rated for 35 PSI max, I would like something that would let me run 40-50 pounds.

They ride great, pull well, and have great traction. That's pretty good price too.

I am a big fan of the cooper HT's. They are similar in price, or at least where I buy mine. They last a long time. The set on my moms tahoe has 53k on them now and still have a little life left. Dont know that you would get that kind of milage on an excursion due to weight but the tahoe is not a lightweight and she that much out of hers.

toyo open country m/t

i bought 35 x12.5x20 open country m/t's and i have to say best tire i ever owned . They have a load E rate, 10 ply . I had plenty of people ride with me and they always talk about how quiet they are. They are a great tire .

I got a good deal and they ship at www.rimzoneonline.com .

happy tire shopping

More opinions here http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/ i have Yokohama's on mine cause I need something cheap. Buddy on here had 25K on them and they are still 1/2 tread at least. Of course Michelin and BFG are good ones as well. Load E will ride rough, Ds will ride much better. Welcome to the Short Bus club:flipoff2:

More opinions here http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum29/ i have Yokohama's on mine cause I need something cheap. Buddy on here had 25K on them and they are still 1/2 tread at least. Of course Michelin and BFG are good ones as well. Load E will ride rough, Ds will ride much better. Welcome to the Short Bus club:flipoff2:
Haha thanks! Imma check out that link, I love my short bus!

Toyo makes some good tires , we used t run bfg kos on most of the trucks around the farm, we started to buy the toyo ats when the ko2 came out. Anyway I run toyo mts pick whatever suits your needs.

My Michelin tires are old and worn out. I decided to switch to another tire brand. I've been looking at Toyo due to the good reviews. Good to know it's recommended here. Planning to order the MT.

A company truck at my part time job has the Open Country MTs on a crew cab F250 with the factory 20" wheels. I've driven this truck to haul an enclosed trailer all over coastal NC, and it handles like it has an all-terrain on it. The tires are rotated regularly, and I believe the last set they got about 40K out of. Handles beach sand pretty decent, and seems to do well in what mud I've had them in.

If I could only have two tires they would be toyo mts for dd and Tsl sx for rig

Late to the show. But i know people who got 40-50k with proper rotation every 5k. 100% on road wear.

I've never run them but I will say that I was behind a Jeep that was running the Toyo At on Friday at Trailfest. I followed him up the long stretch on trail 1 and it had some of the sloppiest mud I've ever seen. Yes he had some wheel spin but in the mess we were driving it was impressive for an AT. He also made it down that slippery mess just as well as anyone else.

Back