Toyota bellhousing bolts

firewood

Does anybody know the bolt size/thread pitch of the bolts that hold the transmission to the engine on a 94 toy truck? It is a 22r. The bolts that I have are currently holding my transmission to the bad engine. I need some more so I can put my New engine on the engine stand.

M12x1.25, don't know the length.
this.
M12 is 17mm head in a J-spec bolt.
Be careful, if you go to the hardware store, or even most fastener places, the metric bolts tend to be E-spec and an M12 will have a 19mm head and be 1.5 or 1.75 pitch. Jap metric bolts are different.

Yep, you'll find 18mm or 19mm heads (ANSI/ISO or DIN) locally unless you get JIS from a parts store that carries such things. Doesn't matter a bit for an engine stand, so get whatever you want as long as the thread pitch is correct and its not some poorly made pile of crap bolt.

Yep, you'll find 18mm or 19mm heads (ANSI/ISO or DIN) locally unless you get JIS from a parts store that carries such things. Doesn't matter a bit for an engine stand, so get whatever you want as long as the thread pitch is correct and its not some poorly made pile of crap bolt.
I always wondered why the bolt heads differed in sizes. I knew about diameter/pitch but I never realized there were different specs for the bolt head sizes. Learn something new everyday.

I've found them in the fastener section at Advance Auto before. Help! brand, and a couple of bucks a piece.

I went to advance yesterday. They didn't have anything in stock bigger than a M10. Went to a local store, Automotive Fasteners. They had the Jspec with the 17mms head size. Bought 8 of them for a little over $6.

You were lucky. Lowes sells the M12-1.25 80mm bolts for 5.80 each. I couldn't find any cheaper around town. Cost me $25 to mount my engine to the stand.

I went to advance yesterday. They didn't have anything in stock bigger than a M10. Went to a local store, Automotive Fasteners. They had the Jspec with the 17mms head size. Bought 8 of them for a little over $6.
Yep, fastener store - especially an automotive fastener store is the shizzit when it comes to this kind of thing.
You'll notice also that places like that have flange-head bolts on hand; which is what fast majority of bolts on cars are, whereas hardware stores (and Advance, etc, ugh) just have regular hex-head.
Napa is also generally high probability of having them. Advance and autozoo do too... in the back... or in specific parts bins... but 80% of the employees don't know it.

The J-spec vs E-spec thing is really annoying, but once you learn how it works it's easy to spot and you knwo exactly what to get.
Basically in J-spec automotive, anything between M16 and M12 is 1.25 pitch. IIRC M14 is 1.5 and M17 may be 1.75. So the point is, on a Toy truck almost all bots are 1.25.
Also the head-to-shank ratio is smaller- to save weight - than E-spec, basically by 1 size.
J... M8=12mm, M10=14mm, M12=17mm, etc,
while
E...M8=13mm, M10=17mm, M12=19mm, etc.
and the thread pitches are all different.

Back