toyota buggy aka coinstar

toyota1

I figured I would go ahead and start a build thread for my buggy. So far I just have the motor trans and tcases mounted in the chassis. I'm using a lot of the parts that came out of my truck
Specs
22re on propane
W56
Stock duals
Mini truck axles
Not sure on tires yet but in the 37-40" range
20141221_144433.jpg
20141221_113530.jpg
20141214_194127.jpg

These are all the pictures I have right now but I'll take some more this week. Should be starting on the suspension Tuesday and and the roof and tail section

I'd love to have a lightweight buggy but I enjoy driving my rig around town way too much.

Planning on having functional brake lights and turn signals for some around town cruising if I want. I'm using the toyota pedal Assemblies

Looks good. You guys got to stop building these Toyota buggies. Making me want one bad.

Why did you do the main rails with box tubing?

I'll post some more pictures next time I go to my shop

I like the look of it and its way easier to work with

Link parts showed up from Barnes great quality as always now I just need to make it all fit somewhere
20141223_173556.jpg

I'm gonna be lowering the frame side up link mount to decrease the seperation tommorow

20150125_182302.jpg

I decided to redo the front but I don't have a picture of v1.0 this is v2.0 but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Also have the seats mounts working on the firewall/ dash

Thanks @yota21 progress is kinda slow till I get more tubing. Its a good thing my steel guy is cheap because he isn't fast by any means

Race city steel will also deliver for free anywhere. They have ford pickup that they can use to deliver to your house if you don't have room for a big truck.

Looks good!

Where in the Fort Mill are you? I am seeing more and more of us on here. I am in Indian Land close to Waxhaw. If you ever need a second set of hands let me know :) I think they can still get dirty...

Haha I got lucky getting my tubing stock car steel delivers to my place of work free of charge

Unless you have a good connection/account there, there are cheaper places to get steel.

Looks good!

Where in the Fort Mill are you? I am seeing more and more of us on here. I am in Indian Land close to Waxhaw. If you ever need a second set of hands let me know :) I think they can still get dirty...
I live on 21 almost to rock hill but my shop is in Lancaster on 521 right past where hwy 5 goes over 521. That'd be cool man I usually only get time to work on it on the weekends but not a pro by any means

Back