Toyota Rear Full Floating Axle Flanges!

Dan Fredrickson

I held off making these items for a year because another vender made them and promised me a fair price when I needed them.

When I needed them his fair price turned out to be about 6 times what they cost to make. It seems he just wanted me out of the market for a year. Well, I guess he got what he wanted but I don't believe in false promises.

So here are the flanges that can turn your rear axle into a Full Floater and they are from Ruffstuff!

apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Axle_Housings_Wheel6678ed0c2e4160cd6b2ca56b84e9c103.jpg

This is a weld on Axle Flange to mount Front Toyota Mini, Fj40, or FJ60 spindles to the rear axle. The caliper bosses are made to use the IFS Truck ('86-'95) calipers and FJ40 or FJ60 rotors.

These are 1" thick and made from 44W Plate & cutout for the 3.5" axle tube used our Axle Housings. We will release a 3.25" & 3" version in a couple of weeks. These are $195 a pair, not the $300 price I was quoted from the other vender originally...

Lots of possibilities using halfshafts but most would make a short axle. I am simply getting custom shafts, try Branik Motorsports for a fair price.

Here are some pics installed, they are on one of our 9" housings I am using in the rear of my FJ45 pickup...

Just the flange...
apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Hubs_toy_20hub_20flba3b712f2184ef495f4ad10e5ae83fd1.jpg

With the spindle...
apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Hubs_toy_20hub_20fl23a4cfe7af91f52d817422ddc63e4677.jpg

With the Hub, Rotor, & Caliper...
apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Hubs_toy_20hub_20fla638d73ec4a1cfd145ad1ecdc1cbeb28.jpg

Its really a pretty simple operation and this is just about all the instructions anyone will need. Of course I am running 31 to 30 spline shafts but they are damned easy...

Here are a couple of questions from another site that help explain these a bit better...

I like this a lot. I like the ease of redoing full floating axles. Once the actual lenght of the inner axle is figure out, I might have to get me a set...keep us posted.

The axle should not really be too much of a concern. It would be great if you could use a used front inner axle but I would say build it to the length you want and don't compromise by building it to an existing part...

Since these are weld on flanges, what dies one do about the 4-bolt mounting area? In other words, what is the best way to center these flanges on the axle and weld to?

^good question..how do you true it all up....maybe a rod all the way thru the axle..

You would remove the 4 bolt flange, it isn't used any longer. You would be using double splined axles like front inners.

We install them using a trubar but a simple instalation trick would be to use a long (5') piece of heavy DOM or 3" angle iron and 2 machinist squares. Clamp it about 3" off the faceplate and setup the correct length and then with the machinist squares true them to each other. Pretty simple...

Here is the finished front axle to go with that rear, I did not know for sure but I am happy to report that FJ40 and Mini Aisan lockouts are a direct replacement for the fulltime factory stuff!

apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Hubs_hellfire_20on_4ba024b6614aaead98bb6bcca2e9f918.jpg

apics.ruffstuffspecialties.com_var_resizes_Hubs_hellfire_20on_d59656cdc84ddbe1250e4826f1a6d155.jpg

Back