Tractor Trailer Parking Issue

Darkbloodmon

Someone walk me off the ledge here because I'm livid and had half a mind to start removing valve cores and slashing tires.

I pay for a parking space, 180.00 bucks a month at a gated facility 2 miles from my house. Someone else parked one of their reefers in my spot, then parked with another reefer beside my spot.

I call the lot manager and get some customer service rep and explain what happened CALMLY, She says she reached out to the owner and left a message because they aren't picking up the phone. I asked if they had a towing service to move the trailer because I need my spot now. She said no, I just handle the rentals and payment processing. I ask if I can get some type of compensation because I pay for this spot, barely use it, and when I need it now, its not available. She says I'm sorry I don't handle any of that you'd have to take that up with the owner of the truck.

I then ask for the name and number of the owner which I got.

I already took numerous and thorough pictures.

Called a commercial wrecker service to ask if I could have a reefer trailer pulled from a spot, impounded and billed to the owner. "No sir that's not something that we do"

What is the appropriate and measured response here? My take is that I need 180.00 cash in hand AND a trailer out of my spot so I can park my vehicle and get on the road for a 17hr drive to MN.

If I start calling the owners number and find out my number gets blocked, I'm going to need alternative options.

If I were you I’d drop my trailer, hook to the reefer, pull it out of MY spot, drop it somewhere clearly in the way and blocking folks but allowing me access to get in out, ideally in front of the truck next door - and go about my business

If I were you I’d drop my trailer, hook to the reefer, pull it out of MY spot, drop it somewhere clearly in the way and blocking folks but allowing me access to get in out, ideally in front of the truck next door - and go about my business
Would've had to use someone elses' TT, I was parking my personal vehicle. I'm bringing back a TT from MN after a month or so or running.

I'll keep this in mind next time.

Owner didn't pick up the phone, I searched the DOT number, 7 trucks; small company. Call the main number and someone picks up asking what the trl number is saying they're at the lot now and can move it. I'm 2 miles around the corner at home, meet them there as they're puling up. Guy apologizes for the owner who isn't there, and offers services at his shop down the road behind the parking lot if I need anything.

Problem solved.

The guy who moved the trailer recognized me as the TMC driver who parks in that spot. He knew the spot was occupied, the owner of the TT who dropped the reefer there in the first place should've known or didn't care.

If anyone knows of a commercial wrecker service that will move a vehicle and bill the owner, let me know incase this happens again. Pisses me off how you can have a parking lot and don't have a towing service to evict and move vehicles in your way.

What's stopping me from dropping a trailer in front of the gates and chopping the king pin off?

Have you contacted the Owner of the parking lot? The person whom your paying the $180 to? Seem like the Lot Owner, is the one that needs to know this & handling it. It may be that the "Customer Service agent", Is Not handling it, Or not authorized to!

Buy you a 5th wheel lock and put it on the trailer with a tag with your name on it so when they come to get it they cant hook up until they call you and then tell not to park there and make them pay to take the lock off.

Back