Trail changes

wheelingexp

I have only been to Uwharrie to scout it out not out on the trails.But I have wheeled many years in many different places.I am also involved (deeply) with motorcycle and atv racing.People must remember that if most of the trails are not accessable to the everyday weekend warrior with normal trucks then the park will lose in the end.There are more of those guys and together they pay more money than then hard core guys.I have seen it with Brown MT.I was and am a bike guy at heart.The bike guys comlpain about the quad guys wearing out the trails.But quads make the trails more accessable to more people,thus more,more money, more riding.If more (everyday) people get out on the trails the more the sport grows and the bigger our voice will be heard.P.S. would you rather have the FS do what they have to or close?

But I have wheeled many years in many different places.QUOTE]

I have been to URE many times, tellico once and gultches once. Where is your favorite place to wheel?

Do you speak english?P.S. do you speak English?

Most of the big OHVers at Uwharrie are weekend warriors. They are the ones that drive there, wheel, and drive home.

This is not a park.

Do you understand english?More people have regular(normal) vehicles.More people mean the sports grows.Get a clue.Its not about individuals.Its about everyone that is involved with this hobby.Wheelers need more people to be involved with this sport.There is power in numbers.I am just saying there are more entry level people in this sport than top dogs.

wow....something about this doesn't seem legit. Did someone hurt your feelings? Are you sad for some reason?

And I repeat-

Most of the big OHVers at Uwharrie are weekend warriors. They are the ones that drive there, wheel, and drive home.

Trolling.

I'm not sad or feeling hurt.That has nothing to do with it.Some of you people don't understand that off roaders are in the political cross hairs.I'am just saying be grateful for the trails you have.Don't discourge others with stock vehicles for enjoying the same trails you do.Their vote and money counts too. What ever the Forest Service does to mantain the trails you'll have to live with.

what are you talking about? you posted a thread that dosent make since at all, now you are telling people not to discourage "stockers". no one has. you brought it up.
this whole thing dosent make since. i call BS like this is some robot or something, mispelling, no spaces between setences... whole thing seems off.

hahahahaha WHAT??

Service does to mantain the trails you'll have to live with.

what? the forestry service is on our side for the most part. They pretty much let us maintain the trail system. there are a few FS regulated projects like the new bridges....but im not sure what you are worried about happening that we may need to raise our voices over.

I stay pretty up to date with the URE trail system and forestry service plans. if you know something that i am not aware please share.

Is anyone here talking about changes to the trail as per the title of the thread?I noticed that Falls Dam was a total suck last time we went(9/24-9/26).They have bulldozed everything fun on it and removed all the rocks.It is a total dirt road passing through the woods that I wouldn't be scared to take my 1.5 inch lowered Monte Carlo down.My understanding is that it's supposed to be the total opposite of Daniel.Does that mean that they will leave Daniel to become more difficult??I hope so,I trans versed it in a totally stock 2.5 YJ on 1.5 shackles and stock gears.I didn't have a single issue getting up it.I was really hoping this thread would discuss trail changes,now it does at least a little.

In my opinion wheelinexp has good intentions, he is just having trouble getting his point across.

I believe what he is trying to say (Just my observation) is that there is allot of complaining when the trails get "paved" and that the guys with larger rigs should have consideration for the new people getting into the hobby that need the trails to be "paved" from time to time. Seems he feels that there are more people that are new and that by allowing them access also will help grow the hobby and will be good for everyone.

I just think he is new to the forum and is not aware of all the things that are done to keep the trails open, and that the few guys that complain is the least of our worries. I do not feel he has approached this in a negative way. I think he is trying to help and just doesn't isn't clear about how.

Again in my opinion he has good intentions.

i think falls dam got "paved" so they could get the equipment in there to do the bridge work. and from what i understand, a couple spots get "paved" every year at the end of the season, with run off and regular trail use when the season opens back up, these "paved" areas quickly return to their normal expected condition.

burrellsjeep in correct in what I am trying to say.No negativity intended.I am also well aware of the volunteer work that is being done and am grateful.This tread was called Trail changes,because that is what everyone was complaining about.Just remember.Big or small, motorcycle or quad.We are all offroaders.The more the merrier.

I noticed that Falls Dam was a total suck last time we went(9/24-9/26).They have bulldozed everything fun on it and removed all the rocks.It is a total dirt road passing through the woods that I wouldn't be scared to take my 1.5 inch lowered Monte Carlo down.
:popcorn:...waiting for pics on this one....

Back