Trailers....down to 2

Pennsylvaniaboy

I am down to 2 trailer choices.

Iron Bull- wood deck, 2' dove tail, heavy channel ramps(i would want to fill them to use for wheelbarrow, hand trucks, cars, etc), 3" structural channel crossmembers, 4 carriage bolts per fender to remove using tools, no spare tire mount, extended front rail, lots of tie down points, only a side wind jack, powdercoat(not a fan)- .....also 3k weight, $4k+ cost to fill ramps($100), make spare mount, etc
2018 Iron Bull 7x20' Wood Deck Car Trailer 9990# GVW | Best Choice Trailers & RVs | Locations in Pittsburgh & Harrisburg Area

Cam superline- 10ga steel deck, punched solid ramps(lighter but stout), 3" formed channel(10-9ga) crossmembers that are welded to the deck, cleaner look IMO, 2 easy to use knobs to remove fenders, real 2 stage paint, good tie down spots for car, no rub rail, low pro front rail, lighter (2500#), spare tire mount, more bracing to tongue, i like the coupler better, bigger safety chains, bulldog top wind jack.... $4550,...might add another set of stake pockets and steps ($25)

20' Cam Superline 10K GVWR Full Steel Deck Car Hauler Trailer - Trailer Enterprises, Inc - Hagerstown, Maryland 21740

right now the cam is my top leader, this is for hauling the truggy, and general stuff, I will build a side for hauling brush, helping people move, getting mulch or rock etc. I have no heavy equipment etc, other than maybe a skidloader here and there. Am I missing a benefit to one or the other? My last trailer was a 23' deckover 10k trailer that was like 3850#, very stout, slipper spring etc....more trailer than I needed. By going with the cam, I would be losing 1300# of trailer weight alone, then i switched from chains to straps...

I like your first choice.

My neighbor has an Iron Bull dump trailer. I've used it some, and it's very nice. We had to trim the fenders a bit so they didn't hit the tires when the bed is all the way up, but that's been the only issue as far as I know.

The only thing I would add is after having/using both wood deck vs. steel deck is I have had to fasten things down to the deck before like bracing or had to screw a 2x4 to block something or XYZ. Hard to do that with a steel deck. On the other hand the couple and adjustable neck on the Cam trailer is way nicer than the stamped steel one on the wood deck trailer. I guess that’s just personal preference but I hate stamped steel couplers. Bulldog style is way smoother in my experience.
33122364-6B2C-430F-8A94-E315B0DD4CA6.jpeg

Back