trans adapter?

sure you want it to be that slow?

I would suggest a ZF 6 speed
 
that sm420 is gonna suck. If you’re going with a 7.3…. There are several medium duty options. Spicer 5,6,7, Allison’s ect
 
I'm gonna go with the zf5. I'll build a pinion brake off the back of the transmission. get the driveshaft shortened and hopefully find a pto to fit it for the dump
Most are just electric pumps nowdays. Works just fine
I have a ZF pulling a pto and in another truck the electric.
Crane PTO, dump electric. PTO means higher displacement per psi and a lot more to package. Very efficient and more truck idle time. Probably way more costly. Electric is slower cycle time and can all be packaged on the rails. Not near the maximum lift capacity but very friendly to trouble shoot.

I can send pictures of either set up if you need any.

Last why the brake set up?
 
Not sure if it's applicable to this conversation. I have a new process 5 speed with a PTO and emergency brake on the output. It was behind a late 50 or early 60 Ford y-block in a dump truck. If there is a bellhousing out there that will let you use it, you can have it.

Edit: Added pics, no idea of condition it has set there for years.

20261011_162554.jpg


20261011_162603.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have a ZF pulling a pto and in another truck the electric.
Crane PTO, dump electric. PTO means higher displacement per psi and a lot more to package. Very efficient and more truck idle time. Probably way more costly. Electric is slower cycle time and can all be packaged on the rails. Not near the maximum lift capacity but very friendly to trouble shoot.

I can send pictures of either set up if you need any.

Last why the brake set up?
Park brake is nice to have on a stick shift
 
Not sure if it's applicable to this conversation. I have a new process 5 speed with a PTO and emergency brake on the output. It was behind a late 50 or early 60 Ford y-block in a dump truck. If there is a bellhousing out there that will let you use it, you can have it.

Edit: Added pics, no idea of condition it has set there for years.

View attachment 462024

View attachment 462025
appreciate the offer but I think I'm just gonna go with the zf5
 
Back
Top