Transporting Pressurized Gas Cylinders

jeepinmatt

..l.
Everybody's thrown a propane tank in their car, but I have about a half dozen cylinders I need filled (CO2, CO2/argon, oxygen, acetylene, etc) and I don't worry too much about a couple inert cylinders, but a trunk full of acetylene seems like it could lead to this in the event of an accident:

So what's the smart approach, short of buying a cylinder rack for the back of my truck? I'd much rather throw em in the car since there are places to exchange near my work. Will Airgas or MWS come to me for 6 or 8 cylinders?

Everybody's thrown a propane tank in their car, but I have about a half dozen cylinders I need filled (CO2, CO2/argon, oxygen, acetylene, etc) and I don't worry too much about a couple inert cylinders, but a trunk full of acetylene seems like it could lead to this in the event of an accident:

So what's the smart approach, short of buying a cylinder rack for the back of my truck? I'd much rather throw em in the car since there are places to exchange near my work. Will Airgas or MWS come to me for 6 or 8 cylinders?
I'd call and ask. They come to us to swap out 6 or 8 at a time a few times a year. Might depend on how far away you are from them though.

Roberts oxygen will come swap 1 oxy and 1 acetylene bottle for us on job sites. They usually charge us $40 unless its much more than 30 minutes away

Back