Treadwright tires

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
Wife’s truck needs new shoes. I have been looking and tire prices are just plain full potato. Has anyone ran or heard current reviews of treadwright? BF Goodrich AT on it now and replacements are $394. TW are $189!
vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Tire: 35x12.50x20
Duty: DD/ towing (but not super heavy).

I'll give my standard answer here on heavy trucks.
Toyos cost almost double but they will last 3x as long

Find something by Cooper. I've been getting 65k a set out of them for a while.

You might be able to find a close metric equivalent for cheaper. I think 295s were the hot ticket when I had 20s a few years ago.

Fawk, just looked up truck tires for 20" wheels and it reminded me why I switched over to 18s! :eek:

Fawk, just looked up truck tires for 20" wheels and it reminded me why I switched over to 18s! :eek:
I pay right at $1,500 for my 4 Toyo AT2 Load E 295/55/20s Makes me sick.
But I took the last set off at a tad over 70k and they still had enough tread to fetch 250 from local kid

I have Wildpeak A/T3Ws. They're not as cheap as they used to be but I've had them for 3 years on a DD and they still have plenty of tread. I think they're about $275 for the size you want.

I had a set of the ATs for awhile. Were fine tires for a weekend warrior vehicle. Not sure I'd want them on a DD.
Heads up they are heavy for the size too, if that matters (it did on a 22re).

Today, 275/60R20 seem to be the ticket if ~33" tall is what you are looking for in the E range 20"
If you're willing to go that small, OEM size is 275/65r20 on Fords and maybe others, and you can probably get new takeoffs for cheap from somebody who wanted to spend even more on their $70-80k truck.

I have Wildpeak A/T3Ws. They're not as cheap as they used to be but I've had them for 3 years on a DD and they still have plenty of tread. I think they're about $275 for the size you want.

Have you tried them in the dirt? How's their self-cleaning in the mud? I'm thinking of ordering them from 4wheelonline on my next tire change.

Have you tried them in the dirt? How's their self-cleaning in the mud? I'm thinking of ordering them from 4wheelonline on my next tire change.
They do pretty well at Uwharrie. I can't recall ever thinking my tire traction was the issue when going down a trail.

I can't say anything for you on the treadrights, but, Coppers have been mentioned. I have no idea how many sets of Coopers I have ran, but I do know, I have had zero complaints about them. The one thing I can say, I mostly ran the 265/75/16's in the AT, and they did excellent in the snow. The towing truck I have now, had some sort of off brand 265 on it, brand new when I bought it. Could not match the fronts to thee rears at my tire guys shop, so, I went with the Hankook trire, that was nearly a perfect match siz and treadwise, so, that's what I put on the front(Money was an issue at the time). Only one long towing trip on them so far, and I doubt I will ever wear any of them out. But they rode as well as you can expect from a one ton dually, pulling ~11K

Ratlab is right. The treadwrights are heavy. Ran them on my dodge 1500 and my landcruiser. Neither was a daily driver. Cruiser saw use at uwharrie quite a bit. They were a bit tricky to balance in the early years as they were basically just re-caps back then.
The newer ones are stripped damn near to the steel bands and Revulcanized with new rubber. That process should be lighter than previous methods and easier to balance.

I don’t recall how long they lasted. I think life span had more to do with rocks than road back then.

I had a set of 31s about 15-20 years ago.
In that small of a tire I don't think there are any issues.
And some of it has to do with the casing they start out with.
Mine were the mud tires on Wrangler casings and they kinda looked like old K2's.
Worked well and actually ran well on the road.
Only reason I replaced them was to go to a bigger tire.
But I got them used, ran them a couple of years and still had life left.

Back