Tree removal recommendation

buellconvert

Hey guys, my son-in-law has a tall pine on their property that's really beginning to lean and unfortunately it's too close for comfort to their house and I was hoping one of y'all would be able to point me in the direction of a competent tree faller...they live in Franklinton/Youngsville area right off of Capital Blvd north of Wake Forest. I am trying to do some legwork for them and I have always had good luck on NC4x4 finding great people either give me some recommendations or that are willing to do it themselves. Please let me know if y'all know if anyone that can tackle this type of work, I've posted a couple of pictures to give an idea of the condition and location. Thank you!
0316f0d87fef4d491e83d448bfb170b3.jpg
7494c39540c7dd19892fa6e8a408bd87.jpg
7790c4c55a9e8e6ec1e94c1d708ea882.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

I help @Charles Sauder do some residential tree removals and I’d imagine he would say the top needs to have a rigging rope in it, and the felling direction re-directed with a pulley block, as to fell the tree away from the house. That tree’s lean is very substantial and it could fall without much wind.

@edward does tree work in the side, with a climber and a bucket truck. Not sure if he will go that far but maybe.

Also, will insurance pay for it? Have they asked? It’s cheaper for insurance to pay for the tree removal than the damage on the house so a lot of times they’ll cover it.

Flame thrower and some patience? :D

@edward does tree work in the side, with a climber and a bucket truck. Not sure if he will go that far but maybe.

Also, will insurance pay for it? Have they asked? It’s cheaper for insurance to pay for the tree removal than the damage on the house so a lot of times they’ll cover it.
I'll have to ask them about that, never thought of home owners insurance covering it, but that does make perfect sense...thanks for the suggestion!

I'll have to ask them about that, never thought of home owners insurance covering it, but that does make perfect sense...thanks for the suggestion!

Make sure they explain that it hasn’t always leaned that much and it’s very recent. They may try to get out of it by saying it’s been leaning long enough to be their problem. Some agents are good and helpful and want to help for something like this, others don’t want a claim and will try to weasel out. Guess it’s all in who you deal with. It worked for my dad, they covered it. While I’ve seen others get refused.

That tree has split from it's original cluster and is a danger. It's not going to be cheap and make sure the company has liability and workman's comp. Another thought is cabling it to it's others in the cluster but I would rather see it removed too.

Home

They live a few houses down from me and are really good. We are just south of downtown though, so if you find somebody closer to you it might be a little cheaper.

Thanks for all the info guys, I've passed out all on and hopefully they'll get it handled soon! The winds today in Wayne county where I am have had me nerved up for them today, not sure if it's as bad at their place.

Well they were able to get the tree removed yesterday and the company they used was Woodchuck tree service out of Louisburg...I really appreciate all the advice and recommendations, I passed it all on, but at the end of the day the kids went with whom they chose and they are happy and they and the house are safe now! Thanks again all!

Back