Triad Nightcrawlers (Was "Jeep is getting there")

RufusTheRam

i hope you and your club (triad nightcrawlers) have changed your trail manners/activities in recent years.

mike is a good guy to have around, he has saved many asses with his welder. i wouldnt go putting him down about what club he is in. mike it looks much better, i guess your still going to tellico next weekend?

i'm not putting him down, all i said was i hope some members of his club have changed their ways with all the recent crackdowns on public land, i don't give a shit whose ass they've saved. i've witnessed them doing some pretty stupid crap at uwharrie in the past. if it's still common practice, they don't need to be associated with this board or 4 wheeling in general for that matter.

please. if these asshats are still rolling around so drunk they can hardly walk, straying off the trail, etc. there's no exscuse and my "lecture" isn't nearly enough. i don't give a shit if poeple want to do that on their property and i'm not nearly a picky as most people about stuff like this, i think drinking should still be allowed in campsites and passenger areas. but what i've seen out of this club in the past is over the line considering the close eye on all of us now. if i'm "lecturing" about it, so be it. i'm not going to stand by and allow dumbasses to ruin my public places to wheel. like i said, hopefully things have changed with them in the past 1-2 years.... maybe he'll chime in and clear this up. i'm not standing here high, mighty, and innocent either, i've done my share of illegal/wrong things on public land before i knew any better.

Good call, lets end it now. Ivan I def. understand where you are coming from, and you too Greg. But hey, lets all just get along....so we dont have to delete some BS :flipoff2:

screw a pm if it's still going on, it needs to be made public. hell, even if they don't do it anymore it needs to be public that people in and associated with the club have been known to do such things so we can all have an explanation and be put to ease about it. just because you know him or other members on a personal level doesn't make it okay.

it's not like i'm the only person either, i've heard the triad nightcrawlers mentioned on numerous occasions in a bad light among other wheelers. so, here's their public chance to clear their name and explain/deny/confirm anything. i'm not trying to call out anyone, talk shit, or get them in trouble. i want them to have a good reputation just as much as i'm sure they want one. it's not good for anyone in the sport when certain groups are labeled. i believe organized clubs and their members have to be held to a higher standard than your average ignorant redneck flying through the woods.

it's not good for anyone in the sport when certain groups are labeled.
It's even worse when EVERYONE involved in something gets slapped with the same crummy label that was only earned by a few.

i believe organized clubs and their members have to be held to a higher standard than your average ignorant redneck flying through the woods.
What's really needed is for people who AREN'T involved in the sport to be able to distinguish members of the organized clubs from the flying rednecks. And that's lots easier said than done, ain't it?

So are you refering to the event where the Jeep flipped at URE over the labor day? I was there during that run and did not see him drinking during the run. I'm just trying to see what events during that particular weekend should be called into question.

look trebisky, i sure havent seen jack about you going wheeling, so i dont understand how you are "part of the sport". and flying rednecks? thats about the definition of that ty ass s-10 you have. im sick and tired of people saything that this and that will give the sport a bad name, calling out individuals for the action of a club and the like. if you have a problem with an organization say somthing about it to all of them, not blame mike for what his club does. half of this damn board is webwheelers anyway, i dont know why most of you give a flying about what happens to the sport seeing as you dont actually wheel or if you do its on some local power line trail that is super . i am getting on here less and less as i see the board go from and excellent place to meet people and get good tech to a band of JU crybabies. now the true wheelers on this board, you know who you are so you can ingnore most of this. i think some of the best people on here were driven away by the constant . bruce hatton was one of them (radioman now, was WX4CBH on the old board) and i harldly ever see him post anymore and when he does its actually good stuff. im sorry this place went to the ter over the past 8 or 9 months, it used to be cool. dont expect to see me here much anymore, im going to find greener pastures.

I think one of the things in questions was - was he actually on the trail? I don't have an opinion one way or the other about this or the group in general (never really heard about their group before.. Just the scuttlebutt...

The hairpin turn on Daniel where everyone I've ever seen drives up the little verticle hill to back up and turn around is where it happened..to far up the hill and over backwards. So concerned with apperances...sign up for a workday, cause I know Mike has..

So are you refering to the event where the Jeep flipped at URE over the labor day? I was there during that run and did not see him drinking during the run. I'm just trying to see what events during that particular weekend should be called into question.
no, not referring to that at all... i wasn't there for labor day. as i've mentioned more than once, the last time me myself personally witnessed anything wrong from this club was a little more than a year ago probably, which is why i keep saying "i hope things have changed". general public awareness of these types of issues was minimal then. i've heard numerous other stories about this group through the grapevine, but we all know how that goes.
look trebisky, i sure havent seen jack about you going wheeling, so i dont understand how you are "part of the sport".
what are you jumping down his throat for? he never claimed to be super involved in anything, he made a couple of valid comments imo, especially about we need to present a positive image to people NOT involved in the sport.
im sick and tired of people saything that this and that will give the sport a bad name, calling out individuals for the action of a club and the like. if you have a problem with an organization say somthing about it to all of them
you know what, on that note i'm sick and tired of people like you who've had a running rig for a few months maybe, been to a handfull of decent places, jumping on their high horse like they're king off roader. you haven't even been driving anything enough years to talk the shit you do, and you sure as hell haven't been 4 wheeling anything long enough. this sport isn't about who's the coolest, who knows the most people, or any of that crap. it's not about putting people down, it's not a damn popularity contest. lose the high school mentality, i assume you've graduated by now.
if you have a problem with an organization say somthing about it to all of them, not blame mike for what his club does.
that's exactly what's happened here... a public reference has been made to anyone and everyone on the board to give them the oppurtunity to clear things up. i'm not blaming mike for anything directly unless he's been involved, but if he's taken the responsibility to be in this club then he is responsible for everyone in the club's actions, just as they are for his.
half of this damn board is webwheelers anyway, i dont know why most of you give a flying about what happens to the sport seeing as you dont actually wheel
oh, so people have to actually 4 wheel to care about the environment or use of public land that THEIR tax dollars pay for? come on. we need all the help we can get, from web wheelers to the most extreme comp guys.

look, this has turned into a huge pissing match just because a few of you seem to know this guy or his club members personally. i guarantee if the same comment was made about someone or a club none of use knew, we wouldn't be having this argument.

oh yeah........really concerned fellow

Whats the need in this? Of course its just a tree.......but why must you climb one in the middle of a national forest? Why risk damaging a tree in a national forest that is already under heavy fire by the greeny's....????? If it was on private land(that you have permission to ride), go for it, climb every fawking tree in site...but PLEASE PLEASE stay off the trees at URE if at all possible. I think this is some of the behavior that rufus is talking about, stuff I have seen firsthand too

Josh

Attachments

• genius.jpg
    genius.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 297
Looks like he's guilty....I will make one final addition and really leave it alone. I've seen people jackassing at UNF and other public areas to ride. However, I have "a set" and will walk up and ask them to please stop and explain my position...next time you see it..him or anyone..say something to them, like training a dog..correct them on the spot and explain why..you don't have to be a jackass about it..kill them with kindness.

Greg I have done that before. You know how i feel about acting up on the trails. The particular night i saw the group they were hauling ASS around wolf den veering off trails and going fast enough for someone to get hurt. Believe me though, If i could have caught them, I would have said something.

Josh

Wheelers

I wheel quite a bit, year round, I have only met three of you posting in this thread on a trail. So I don,t have a clue as to how much wheeling each of the others do, can some one fill me in on the others. (Just so i can keep up with the plot.)

Shoot Larry, I can't keep up with the plot. But then I'm a web wheeler now. At least until my jeeps fixed.

Rob said:
Shoot Larry, I can't keep up with the plot. But then I'm a web wheeler now. At least until my jeeps fixed.
that's pretty funny...and it's not really worth the time to figure the plot out Larry.... :lol:

BIGWOODY said:
The hairpin turn on Daniel where everyone I've ever seen drives up the little verticle hill to back up and turn around is where it happened..to far up the hill and over backwards.

Kinda what it looked like... someone had suggested it was off the actual trail. Didn't wanna jump to conclusions. Thanks...

now back to the soaps.

I have "a set" and will walk up and ask them to please stop and explain my position...next time you see it..him or anyone..say something to them, like training a dog..correct them on the spot and explain why..you don't have to be a jackass about it..kill them with kindness.
i agree. the couple of times i've been within range of speaking to them, i've made reference to they may want to careful about what they're doing. not only for the greater good of the 4 wheeling image, but for legal reasons to them personally. if i hadn't had "the set" to say something to them in person, i wouldn't be posting in this thread. unfortunately, some people don't respond to kindness and need a public calling out to keep them in line. judging from HardTaco's pic, things haven't changed unfortunately.
I wheel quite a bit, year round, I have only met three of you posting in this thread on a trail.
same here... i prefer to just stick with my group of 1-2 other trucks that i've been riding with for years and keep out of all the politics. i've met a few cool people on the board, but outside of any real 4 wheeling.

Back