Truck down in Lexington ky,anybody near??

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
My psd is down w trailer just outside of lex ky and I need to at least get the trailer to campground 10 miles away,anybody close or know of anybody.call/text me at 423 329 6277 leave message.My phone is about dead I'll check in the morning.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Any luck? (Other than bad luck?)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any luck? (Other than bad luck?)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah a buddy of mine is bringing a truck and trailer to get the truck and he's haulin one here w him to get the trailer.just waiting it out at this point.

There should be tons of people there headed to UOR Expo. Get on FB and ask around
Yeah I passed a ton of those guys yesterday,I think Brad Barnes was one of em

They wanted $400 to tow my truck/trailer 10 miles last night.we spent the night in the lowes parking lot.

They wanted $400 to tow my truck/trailer 10 miles last night.we spent the night in the lowes parking lot.

As much as I hate AAA, if you buy the delux package and pay in full, there is no waiting period. That may could help you?

Yeah im gonna check into Aaa I had already decided on the way home.we got back about 10 last night,it wasnt pretty,or fast,but we made it.
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160603_7fba005e469604acb18eadbc57f19432.jpg

AAA wont tow a 1 ton truck.

AAA wont tow a 1 ton truck.

I believe they will if you opt for the rv coverage.

We had a psd go down on our trip to harlan few weeks ago so I have been trying to find some kind of tow insurance. Good Sam rv platinum coverage covers both a 1 ton truck with slide in and the trailer you are hauling up to 100 miles or unlimited to nearest service center. I still need to call and verify but that's the way I read it.[/QUOTE]

AAA RV package will cover a one ton dually.
To take the trailer you would have had to pay commercial rate out of pocket though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they will if you opt for the rv coverage.

We had a psd go down on our trip to harlan few weeks ago so I have been trying to find some kind of tow insurance. Good Sam rv platinum coverage covers both a 1 ton truck with slide in and the trailer you are hauling up to 100 miles or unlimited to nearest service center. I still need to call and verify but that's the way I read it.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. But even then, the 200 mile tow included in premier doesn't include the RV. $159 a year.

image.png

AAA, home warranties, automobile extended service contracts….all a waste of money. I wish had a dime for every time one of my customer cussed AAA.

I don't let other people do much for me, but I try and keep my AAA membership up. It's worth it to know if my Yukon takes a dump, I can get it home. If my wife needs something on the side of the road, all she has to do is call. That's insurance I'm comfortable paying for. Will I ever take my car there for service? Hell no. Will I buy any of their extra packages? Not a chance. But it's hard finding a buddy with a trailer that could make it within 45 minutes.

I don't let other people do much for me, but I try and keep my AAA membership up. It's worth it to know if my Yukon takes a dump, I can get it home. If my wife needs something on the side of the road, all she has to do is call. That's insurance I'm comfortable paying for. Will I ever take my car there for service? Hell no. Will I buy any of their extra packages? Not a chance. But it's hard finding a buddy with a trailer that could make it within 45 minutes.

If you can get AAA to show up with a tow truck in 45 minutes EVER, you need to go buy a damn lottery ticket or 12. A member on here that is a AAA contractor hauled my Dodge from Asheboro to Timberlake the other week after the TCase took a dump. We spent at least 45 minutes just getting dispatch to send him our way. Not sure I have ever waited less than 2 hours from the time I called to being on the rollback.

You know, if you call a tow truck, they will come and tow you just the same and you only pay when you need it

I must be mr lucky with aaa. Been with them for over 12yrs. Used a ton of their services all over the country and have never had an issue.
It more than pays for itself every year.

I was looking at $1500 to get the truck and a nearly empty 16 foot enclosed trailer home and I was about four hours away.the tow places in Lex wanted $150 to load it and $5 a mile per.

I understand your situation. I've also been lucky enough to not be stranded with a trailer and I've never owned a dually.

The dually wasn't my first choice but the price was right.I'm finding out its kind of a liability now.

Back