Trying to tuck 35s

2000tundranc

I have a 2000 Tundra with a 4.5 inch lift, and 265/70/r17 terra grapplers. The tires are too small but i just had a friend finish the lift. I have done research that 33s will fit nicely but I want to stuff some 35s under there. I have seen that it is pretty extensive to fit them under and a good bit of welding. Does anyone know someone that has tubbed something like this before, or a shop to recomend me to. Or is it too much trouble and just go with the 33s. Looking to do on a budget but I can get some Couragia MTs for pretty cheap from a friend.

Located in Raleigh
Thanks Mason.

Preview attachment IMG_5489.JPG
Preview attachment IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG
1.2 MB

Preview attachment IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG
1.6 MB

IMG_5489.JPG
1.2 MB

The pictures are all pointed to gmail attachments. That's not going to work.

You can upload them to the server here, if that helps.

775CBF85-FF69-4F10-B727-13FFBB084ADA.jpeg
4D3C1927-0C55-4F90-BA8D-DED557EA4880.jpeg
0853D383-F8DB-4ABA-B916-5915BAE27475.jpeg
Let’s see if this works

Why not just get some good quality 33s and not spend the time and money to hack up an otherwise nice truck? You mentioned budget, but time and money spent just to fit some low quality 35s is not budget friendly. 33s on stock wheels is by far the cheapest and best looking.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

if this is your daily driver, thats not something you want to do.

stick with 33"s. do some wheeling. meet some folks. get a dedicated trail rig and remove as much sheet metal as possible. you'll be much happier than ruining your daily driver doing a project that i assume thats a little over your head.

thats not a knock at you, or me being cynical. Everyone here has been in those shoes. I think we've all jumped into projects when we were rookies without knowing it was something we should have avoided.

That being said.... if your still into rocking this out and getting 35"s under there give @MarsFab a shout.

Keep in mind, if you look at P-metric sizes there are a lot more options for height vs width ratios to find something that fits.
For example a 285/75/16 is about 33.1" tall but only a bit over 11" wide.
Also, backspacing/offset can really make a difference, if the issue is rubbing at full lock.

Thanks for the replys Im going with 33s
That being said me and a friend are gonna look at getting a beater k10 to tinker with and make it an all around rig that we can drive to the trails and still hit some hard mud. Send me a pm if yall know anyone thats willing to sell, but please no 15k rigs, Id like to stay budgeted.

Back