Twisted S Customs Statesville NC (WTF)

Hyperlite

First I was told that Stewart (owner of Twisted S Customs) 126 Orbit Road Statesville NC 28677 (704) 872 4443
"will sue me for defimation if I post pics of his fab work or talk bad about his work"

My brother is going thru a nightmare and is in the process of getting screwed out of $1400 from a local fabrication shop in Statesville NC known as Twisted S Customs. He was wanting the fabricator to attach his links for his 3link that were provided and made by him. He previously made a front cross member and was wanting Will and Stew to bolt it on in hopes of making a flat belly or slightly below the frame. The reason behind bolt on is so he can remove his t-case and tranny.

The quote for the job was 1500 to 2000. The work....

-modify existing front crossmember
-attach front links
-build axle truss
-suspension links tabs
-build upper tabs for 3 link
-cut everything that gets in your way; seats, floor, frame, etc.
-bend shock hoops for coilovers

Everything per Matt was suppose to be 1/4" and made from DOM.
The fabricator refused to work saying he was tired off this truck and wanted it out of his shop.

Status of the truck:
-front crossmember 6" below frame rails tack welded on w" wheel base 6-8" back farther than requested because it was easier for him to get the suspension to work.

-axle trussed---rediculous weak 2x2 1/8" backbrace that hangs 4" from axle that spans the entire length of the tube. Breather was removed and brake bleader was put in it's place and sealed (fully welded) in the upper triangle gassets. Soooo much welding equalls warped axle tubes......

- upper links were modified and lowered on frame because the factory crossmember was in the way (uh we told him to cut everything back from the rear doors)
-no coilovers hoops made

He paid 400 for materials (steel)
500 for 1st payment
and.... 500 to release the truck.

He did not want to work on the truck anymore so he told us he would have it ready to trailer on Sat, but we told him it would be Monday. Monday afternoon we were 2miles from his shop with a rented trailer when he called and said he needed to leave and matt said wait, I am just around the corner and then his phone hung up. I pulled into the road while he was leaving and he just drove right by. I slammed the dodge into return and floored it in reverse trying to catch him while Stew and his employee Will were trying to poke there Suberban pulling a trailer into heavy traffic. I guess they finnally notice me fishtailling a trailer in reverse and Stew walked back to the car saying "my G-ma is sick and I need to go to Charlotte" We asked if Will could load it up and he said "uh he is my ride" So they left and we turned around in the shop lot and low and behold Stew's F250 sitting there.

Next day, today was not much fun.

We backed the trailer up to the shop and went in the office. We were working out the details of payment. We were told that "either fawking you pay me $500 cash now or you don't get you fawking 4Runner and it becomes my 4Runner. Matt walked to he ATM to get $500 as a bargining chip. I guess it pissed them off cause they couldn't move anything from the bay. I did not have the key and was threatend that they will move the truck forcefully. I ignorred their threats until they went to move it. That's when I caught them inside my dad's ram looking for keys.
We were told that we can't have the materials "Why should you get the materials. I bulk orderd for my shop. It's not a fawking tile business so why the fawk should you get the materials." I was told by Stew "you don't know how we handle thing up here."
When Matt returned to pay Stewert giving us the material, Will the fabricator agressivly bumped shoulders with me.
When we left he gave us the material list
20ft 4"x2"x.120
40ft 1.75"x.095 round
20ft 2"x2"x.120
9ft .250x6"
None of this is DOM or strong enough for anything suspension related, but says with a discount from Stock Car Steel cost $387

left over material (stuff we got)
40ft -fence post 1.75" .95 round
4ft - 4"x2"
14ft 1/4" - 2"x2"x.120

That sucks, good thing you're not a hot head I guess...:popcorn:
I believe I would have gotten the wrong answer when I found them in snooping in my truck......good luck.

Soryy to hear about that John. Hopefully Matt wil get it all straightned out and Andy (at CRS)will get him taken care of.

I would have beat the shit out of him. Once he went in my car to get keys, that would have been it... Trip to the jailhouse that night.

Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing or they were losing money on your job and didn't want to do it. They could have been up front when either occoured.

565666_126_full.jpg

565666_127_full.jpg

565666_128_full.jpg

565666_129_full.jpg

565666_130_full.jpg

565666_131_full.jpg

565666_132_full.jpg

OMG check out that extreem welding

Yea, just look at all those welds. Wonder if the axle got warped.

The link on top of the diff, it's freaking tack welded.....

I don't know what happened but that is some cracker patched horse shit. Definetly not a flat belly..... I hope you get something resolved.....

I'd like to hear the other side of the story.....

:lol: Damn, after seeing that shit they would have never made it to my truck. Thats just embarassing(on their part). I think a shine eyed hillbilly could've been more creative and welded it better with some battery cables..... Sure hope you get this worked out for the better.

Wow.
i talked to Matt this evening, he's selling me the 3rd that was in the front. It's clear he's pretty torn up about it. I sure would be.
Man, this makes me glad these guys were working on the other end from what i'm getting. Good luck to him.
oh, Jon, be sure Matt send me his address or PayPal email so I can get him the $$$ ASAP. Clearly he'll need it.

We'll I live about 5 minutes from there. I've never heard of them. I think I would use a more reputable fab shop next time. Shit, Andys got my truck right now, I drove it to charlotte to get the work done. There are several fab shops that are closer, but none with as good of a reputation.

His first shop was 1/4 mile from my house and I thought we were sorta friends cause we were his first customers, but $ has a funny way of changing things. Obviously if it has not been done 100 times and is not bolt on then he can't do it contrary to the "no problem, it will be done this weekend" that Matt was told.

That is ridiculous! LOL Sorry to laugh, but I have never seen anything remotely similar to that in my life. I have seen some really messed up stuff before. If you can get paid for doing stuff that looks like that, I should open a shop and get Andys overflow!
That is just sick, and I am sure he is about his truck. Hope something comes out of it, positive that is.

I foresee a lot of cutting and grinding ahead

Back