two YOTA questions

cburgin

where can i get the rounded fiberglass fenders that i am seeing on the second gens? and, how much lift is needed to clear 35s on an 85 with the fenders or just in general?

chad, i've read in numerous places that 7" of lift is ideal to run 35's, however i think it could easily be done with less, depending on how much flexing you'll be doing. obviously, if you do some trimming, less lift will be required. i don't know about the fender flares you want, but i have read that about lift on several boards in several places on each of those boards...

yeah it's 7 inches total (you can add in body lift if you do any), but still it is alot. sombody correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like there is a lift method, it might be the ol' chevy in the rear, rear to the front... that will actually push your front axle forward about 2.5 inches. so i don't know what your plans are for the lift...i saw you were looking for some rear IFS components, so you've got my curiosity peaked.

those arent the fenders that i am looking for i dont believe. and i have ran into some extra money so i am going to build my 85 to take to school with me. and i didnt think rears up front gave 7 inches even with the drop hanger. correct me if i am wrong...

You can do what we did http://www.beastinc.net/85Toyota4runner.html we currently have 3" blocks in the rear to make it ride even but when school is over and we have some more time were gonna make longer rear drop shackles and make further drop front hangers for the rear springs to elminate the blocks. The way we set up the front suspension it moved the front axle forward roughhly 3" and made about 7" of lift. Were prob gonna trim the fenders a little and run 37's

1in drop hanger....aprox. 3-4 in of lift spring (rears and a couple of old ALLpro leafs.

Just mounted my new 39.5 IROCs. Obviouly i have done some trimming (firewall)...but most the fender is still there.

Seth

you dont need any lift, you can just trim to fit. RUF and chevys would be perfect though

Hey Metto, How did the SAS go? Got any new pics of the truck? I sold my truck and got a 3rdgen reg cab:driver:

Back