Uhwarrie Carnage

Is rather Odd; seems to be backed near the guardrail, & then blocked in the front by the logs & rocks. Maybe they didn't want it to roll off.
Looked to me like it rolled fast enough to bend the guardrail. Saw a four wheeler flexing on it today so maybe the logs are there for poser shots?
I didn't get out and look very close though.

Here is the update from Teresa and I'll paraphrase parts of it.

The owner of the vehicle has been notified and they are responsible for removing it. I let her know that we would like to help given proper protocols etc...
She said in the past that OVERT ( i don't know what that is) has worked to remove vehicles in the past and have charged the owners fees etc. for removal.
Quote from the LEO: "I spoke with the mother of the vehicle’s registered owner today. She was unaware of the status of her son’s vehicle. She was aware that the incident had taken place. I provided her with OVERT’s telephone number and explained to her that it was her son’s responsibility to have the vehicle removed. She advised that she would initiate the removal and would be in contact with me as soon as they had a solution. They are not in the local commuting area."

If I hear back a request for assistance, I'll post up.
If you're serious and have time available, please follow through so we can continue to build and maintain a good relationship with the Rangers.
If I have some time and they actually want us out there on this matter, I'll come out too.

Quick Google-fu yielded this: OVERT Inc.. The link to the website doesn't work, but it has an email and phone number if you want to reach out since you've taken the reins. I'm down to help if I have enough notice and no other obligations.

Duane

If I'm available I'm down to help. I have heard of OVERT.

It looks like we're off the hook unless I hear anything else. Hope they get it out of there soon as it is a big black eye on the community.
Reaching out to them helped I hope at least got the word spread to a few other staff at the USDA and LEO that we're willin to help and not just sit on our asses with scabs like that in the woods.
Quote from Terry::
"......they are a volunteer group that helps people get their vehicles off the trails or the roads if a normal tow-truck can’t get to them. We usually pass their information onto the vehicle owners if we can determine who that is and if we can’t we’ll call OVERT ourselves to coordinate the removal of the vehicles. They’re trained for this stuff and have the equipment and insurance so we’d work with them instead of the other off-road clubs so you don’t take on any liability without insurance."

I would show up if this is a go, will watch for more info.

Here are some oldies.
5E8C10BB-6800-4DBE-B8E7-46AF975CCE0B.jpeg

ACB13B28-7374-4747-B39B-40C44503B1B9.jpeg
EEB6054F-FB54-47CA-8848-8CA4774DD77A.jpeg

41678B3E-A7E2-4598-9E18-7F2D954E2E31.jpeg

DFFAED23-1A61-4797-81E9-62AA04438CBC.jpeg
E511031D-C256-46FF-BA28-08B1138DD40F.jpeg
3D92A137-94BE-427A-AB93-5A88A0251D1F.jpeg

I saw that on FB and wondered how dude managed to flip there.

In fairness I have flipped in a stupid spot, totally embarrassing and shouldn’t have even been possible. So not hate from me, just curious.

I saw that on FB and wondered how dude managed to flip there.

In fairness I have flipped in a stupid spot, totally embarrassing and shouldn’t have even been possible. So not hate from me, just curious.
He was playing on the rocks at the very top. RR slipped between a crack and turtle she went! Also saw
20211211_132515_HDR.jpg
George riding high on 53s. URE is no challenge for his toys!

Back