Uwharrie campgrounds

tw89yj

I've camped at uwharrie one time, years ago. But I'm wanting to take the kids and go in a few weeks to try out the new truck camper. We will tow the jk out so we can do a little riding on Saturday. Looking for suggestions on where to stay. I would like to be close to water, so we can do a little fishing too. Hookups would be nice, but not necessary. And don't want to be camping right on top of neighbors. Where should we stay?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badin lake campground has sites on the water and they have electricity I believe , they do have to be reserved through the forest service website.

Yeah, I like Badin. The bath house isn't as nice as arrowhead, but most sites are on the water, or a short walk through the woods.

@ord.sgt.26NC let me sleep in the straw one night at arrowhead seemed to be a pretty nice places with the showers and restrooms. The only problem I had was with the squirrel that jumped on me but he didn't bite so it was all good.

We were camping at the top of Kodak one nite and had a cooler opened and a whole big pack of Hershey bars stolen and nothing else. Squatch for sure!!

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Bringing this back up. Last minute trip planning. Is there anywhere to get an RV on a somewhat level spot that isn't in one of the campgrounds? All the reservable spots are booked for the holiday weekend.

The other lot out at the end of falls dam, past the double parking lot, too.

What is the smoothest route to art lilley?

Probably take the asphalt road out to horse camp, make a left on the gravel road like you're going to arrowhead, then a right when it dead ends. But honestly, the bit from there out to the art lilley turn is probably the worst of it. I usually run in 4lo to save the tires and axles.

Would the gravel parking lot near 109 be a better option? Or pull into group camp and hope there is an open spot they won't mind me borrowing? I'm going to have a 40' mh and 24' trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back